Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Tesla require a full payment before scheduling the delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The process for Texas definitely takes more leg work. As others have stated, car must be paid for before it ships. You need to pay your sales tax separately as well. Not rolled into the sales price like most other states.

Texas legislators definitely subservient to the whims of the NCDA.

In addition to all that, you cannot use Tesla financing. Try to go directly to a big bank that Tesla does business with and they will redirect you to Tesla who will say, “we don’t offer loans in Texas”.

I created a bank account with FSCU prior to running a loan as I figured it would expedite the loan being an existing customer. That was a waste as FSCU is no longer doing direct loans for new Teslas. Only refinance existing loans. Same story with HFCU.

I went with Alliant and am approved with them. Definitely taking a hit when it comes to interest as your finance options become limited due to the NCDA’s cozy relationship with the legislature.

If Tesla moves to Texas. You bet they’d make a demand to open sales. Shoot, deny sales in Texas for a made in Texas product? Okay commies.

I could only imagine the fear the NCDA must be experiencing with Tesla coming to Texas. But Karmas a bitch. Given all the extra steps you have to take , I see a ton of Tesla’s out here. Roads will be flooded once they can sell directly.

No, adv payment is not reqd. I purchased 2 Tesla]s before and gave them a cashier's check both times. I have one more in order which may get delivered sometime this month or next month, and this time I am planning to give a check as I do not plan to go to the Bank during COVID-19 times.

• Disagree
Reactions: empiredown
No, adv payment is not reqd. I purchased 2 Tesla]s before and gave them a cashier's check both times. I have one more in order which may get delivered sometime this month or next month, and this time I am planning to give a check as I do not plan to go to the Bank during COVID-19 times.
Have you spoke to them about a personal check and were they good with that? I assumed I needed a cashiers check but yes weird new normal. Of course I will be not be providing payment until I have seen and inspected what I am giving it to them for.

Picked up Y over weekend and paid with check. So no prepayment. However, car not showing up in app and account still has request for final payment and schedule delivery. Went back to Tesla center and they said all is correct on their end and IT will investigate. Not sure if this is b/c paid with check (?) although had no issues with delivery of X last year.

You mentioned the sales tax needs to be paid separately in Texas? Do we pay it through Tesla at pickup, or to the state directly by ourselves at registration? Tesla asked for my registration information. So, I have thought they’d help with the registration paperwork, like other auto dealers. That’d be good because I also plan to trade-in my old vehicle. But I might be wrong with the entire process.

The process for Texas definitely takes more leg work. As others have stated, car must be paid for before it ships. You need to pay your sales tax separately as well. Not rolled into the sales price like most other states.

Texas legislators definitely subservient to the whims of the NCDA.

In addition to all that, you cannot use Tesla financing. Try to go directly to a big bank that Tesla does business with and they will redirect you to Tesla who will say, “we don’t offer loans in Texas”.

I created a bank account with FSCU prior to running a loan as I figured it would expedite the loan being an existing customer. That was a waste as FSCU is no longer doing direct loans for new Teslas. Only refinance existing loans. Same story with HFCU.

I went with Alliant and am approved with them. Definitely taking a hit when it comes to interest as your finance options become limited due to the NCDA’s cozy relationship with the legislature.

If Tesla moves to Texas. You bet they’d make a demand to open sales. Shoot, deny sales in Texas for a made in Texas product? Okay commies.

I could only imagine the fear the NCDA must be experiencing with Tesla coming to Texas. But Karmas a bitch. Given all the extra steps you have to take , I see a ton of Tesla’s out here. Roads will be flooded once they can sell directly.