Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Tesla still provide home delivery (MA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having a hard time digging up information, getting a lot of conflicting answers and have been unable to contact the delivery center. Does Tesla still provide home delivery at request?

I live approximately 40 miles from the delivery center if that matters, thanks.

I think it depends on how close you live to a Tesla store. There is a Tesla store 15 miles away from my house and they delivered the car to my home, but this was back in December 2018 during a delivery rush to take advantage of the $7,500 tax credit, no idea if they still do it.

Last edited:
The policy that I ran across was that they would deliver if you lived more than 220 mi. from a delivery center. In several more weeks, I guess I'll find out if that's still an option. I'm in southern Oregon and the only Oregon delivery location is in Portland, more than 260 mi. away. There's a SC at 225 mi. in northern California, but that's still over the limit.

I'm also 40 miles from Boston but it puts me in southern NH. They delivered to me because if I pick up in Dedham, I'd have to pay MA sales tax. Not sure what they're doing for NH buyers these days. I bought my Teslas in 2017 and 2018.

I was offered home delivery in downtown Seattle, but declined since the service center was a short walk from my office. My guess is it is more a question of available manpower and demand for whether they deliver or not, and is probably subject to change on short notice. They didn't promise it in advance, only after the date was set.

I was offered home delivery in downtown Seattle, but declined since the service center was a short walk from my office. My guess is it is more a question of available manpower and demand for whether they deliver or not, and is probably subject to change on short notice. They didn't promise it in advance, only after the date was set.
Perhaps it's more a question of how badly they need the space at the distribution center and whether they can easily get the car deployed quickly. Or the cost of labor vs. the cost of space. Where I am, over 250 mi. from Portland, it'll cost if they deliver. I certainly don't want to pick up in CA where they would have to make me pay sales tax.

Perhaps it's more a question of how badly they need the space at the distribution center and whether they can easily get the car deployed quickly. Or the cost of labor vs. the cost of space. Where I am, over 250 mi. from Portland, it'll cost if they deliver. I certainly don't want to pick up in CA where they would have to make me pay sales tax.

And a little of if you don't want to come and get it, someone else will.