Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Teslausb work on highland?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new highland model 3 performance that should be coming in June. Has anyone successfully setup Teslausb on their highland model 3?

Good luck on taking delivery in June.

Mine was to be delivered in June. It then was changed to May 14-June 17
Then changed to May 18-June 1
Then May 21-June 8
On May 21st, it was changed to July 6-August 10

Originally, I was really excited. Now, I'm deeply depressed

I hope to get it before Christmas

Good luck on taking delivery in June.

Mine was to be delivered in June. It then was changed to May 14-June 17
Then changed to May 18-June 1
Then May 21-June 8
On May 21st, it was changed to July 6-August 10

Originally, I was really excited. Now, I'm deeply depressed

I hope to get it before Christmas
first world problems

I don't have a direct answer to your question. But I thought all Teslas came with a USB.
The "Teslausb" github project uses a raspberry pi to store the recordings. It's configured to automatically upload the recordings to your computer/NAS/server/etc when the raspberry pi connects to your home wifi network. So you should never have to remove the USB drive from car, plug into computer, copy files, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
True, it's a minor hassle to take the USB drive out of the car and plug it into your computer and remember to replace it, but buying and setting up this device seems like more of a hassle.

Ask yourself how often you'll need to get clips to your computer.
It’s a simple config file to edit and flash the image to a microsd. Also the saving more than hours worth of driving is pretty big.

IMG_2776.jpeg

Mine is setup and ready to go. I have a release date order so I’m hoping VIN gets assigned soon.

I’ll be willing to test it once my M3P comes in. I have Truenas scale and a spare 1TB SSD that I don’t mind abusing for the file transfers. But that’s more sever end than compatibility with Highland.

Reactions: Adam3 and sgtauto
View attachment 1050209
Mine is setup and ready to go. I have a release date order so I’m hoping VIN gets assigned soon.

I’ll be willing to test it once my M3P comes in. I have Truenas scale and a spare 1TB SSD that I don’t mind abusing for the file transfers. But that’s more sever end than compatibility with Highland.
Nice flex with the Karen lock in the background.

• Funny
Reactions: Jakub1
View attachment 1050209

Nice! I didn't realize people were using anything other than PiZero. PiZero has plenty of horsepower, is smaller, and less heat as it uses less than 1W. PI4 uses 5 watts.

Reactions: sgtauto and Jakub1
Nice! I didn't realize people were using anything other than PiZero. PiZero has plenty of horsepower, is smaller, and less heat as it uses less than 1W. PI4 uses 5 watts.
That’s actually a good idea. I do have also have a Pi zero 2W that was running Octopi that I no longer use. Only problem is that it doesn’t use 5ghz which would affect transfer speeds depending on how good the access point signal is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam3
The "Teslausb" github project uses a raspberry pi to store the recordings. It's configured to automatically upload the recordings to your computer/NAS/server/etc when the raspberry pi connects to your home wifi network. So you should never have to remove the USB drive from car, plug into computer, copy files, etc.
Oh. When I got my 2022 MSLR I bought a pi and some other stuff. I was gonna collect data. Then i discovered the Tessie app and scrapped the idea. Instead I used it to create time lapsed video. Now it's just sitting in the drawer. I should sell it, the cameras and enclosures.

Oh. When I got my 2022 MSLR I bought a pi and some other stuff. I was gonna collect data. Then i discovered the Tessie app and scrapped the idea. Instead I used it to create time lapsed video. Now it's just sitting in the drawer. I should sell it, the cameras and enclosures.
I guess home assistant can do that. When my wall connector got setup I was shocked to see it was discovered. It came up with a ton of information.

The car comes with a bunch more and can be automated.

IMG_2780.png

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056