Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the standard option have the full glass roof?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the description makes it seem like it does. If it is, I’m kind of pissed, cause it was advertised as a premium feature and I bought the premium partially for this. Now just sour taste is reeking from my mouth.

the description makes it seem like it does. If it is, I’m kind of pissed, cause it was advertised as a premium feature and I bought the premium partially for this. Now just sour taste is reeking from my mouth.

Yep... sorry, but even the $35k option has the glass roof. That is probably a net loss to Tesla every time they sell one, but it’s not cost effective from an assembly standpoint to replace the glass with something else. I imagine this is the same situation with the power folding mirrors, however that one doesn’t make as much sense to me...

I expect Tesla got the cost of glass down to nearly the same cost as metal+paint+fabric that would have to cover the same relatively small area between the massive rear window and windshield.