Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the TeslaChip really do anything?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think of it, if it did anything useful, Tesla or any other EV manufacturer would have bought that "technology" long time ago, long before they chose to deal with end users that are much more gullible.

Tesla , and others that actually make the software and drivetrain, have perfect control where and how the energy is spent.

Think of it, if it did anything useful, Tesla or any other EV manufacturer would have bought that "technology" long time ago, long before they chose to deal with end users that are much more gullible.

Tesla , and others that actually make the software and drivetrain, have perfect control where and how the energy is spent.

Yep, that was my train of thought. But then I remembered that some similar product for the Karma Revero did end up being reverse engineered and applied to the car by the manufacturer, and I believe lawsuits are still unresolved...

• Love
Reactions: Harropbill
From their website, this remaps the pedal position. It promotes coasting, and also when you do need regen, it gives more of it sooner (based on foot position). So it could indeed promote driving patterns that produce better efficiency. Alternatively, you could also learn those patterns and do it yourself with your own foot.

• Informative
Reactions: dcmackintosh
Yep, that was my train of thought. But then I remembered that some similar product for the Karma Revero did end up being reverse engineered and applied to the car by the manufacturer, and I believe lawsuits are still unresolved...
Yes that was us.. the lawsuit is resolved we won a judgement against them and continue to sell our product. Our product is much more than the TeslaChip in that we add fully integrated functionality (with additional dash tell-tales that do not exist on the vehicles in stock form) that previously were not in the 2012 and Revero vehicles. Functions such as using the ICE for stationary charging (the stock onboard charger is only 3.3kw you can charge from the genset at 10kw dc!), rebuilding miles while driving and using the vehicle to power your home in case of a power outage. All the Teslachip does is remap the pedal.

A 175kw generator is pretty expensive so in some use cases, it makes sense to harness that powerplant for V2G applications (along with the HV battery).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Vinc

Dunno about that.
If Tesla was truly concerned about product improvement they would have addressed the rear tire wear issue on the S & X models instead of service center gas lighting owners.
IMHO