Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the yellow border screen issue occur with the newer Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No one will know until "newer" becomes "older". (It doesn't happen immediately.) So as phrased this question can never be answered.

What can be answered is "will a June 2019 delivery..." but that can't be answered until maybe December 2019.

A quick search on this forum does not bring up yellow border on MCU for 2015. There may be a few posts I missed, but safe to say not a major problem for that vintage, unlike the screen bubbles/ leakage.

My guess is when the fixed the bubbles and leaking goo on the older cars, say about 2017, they caused the yellow border problem.

Well, just traded in my 2015 S90D, which had a flawless screen, for Raven P100DL. Fingers crossed this problem doesn't present with new car. I really is incomprensible that Tesla won't provide a definitive fix for such an obvious defect. Also surprised there isn't more talk of class action lawsuit.

I'm having this issue in my 6/2018 UK car:
IMG_2682.jpg IMG_2685.jpg
I'm being told that Tesla are working on a tool to fix it and I will notified when it comes to the UK. I am really disappointed and annoyed that an obvious hardware issue is not being taken care of on a £100k car (pretty sure the likes of BMW, Merc & Audi would just replace it). With all the great things associated with owning a Tesla, it would be a shame to leave a bad taste for something so obviously a hardware issue that they should just replace, no questions.

I'm thinking about covering it on my youtube channel.

I'm having this issue in my 6/2018 UK car:
View attachment 426638 View attachment 426639
I'm being told that Tesla are working on a tool to fix it and I will notified when it comes to the UK. I am really disappointed and annoyed that an obvious hardware issue is not being taken care of on a £100k car (pretty sure the likes of BMW, Merc & Audi would just replace it). With all the great things associated with owning a Tesla, it would be a shame to leave a bad taste for something so obviously a hardware issue that they should just replace, no questions.

I'm thinking about covering it on my youtube channel.

There's no point in replacing them right now, they're just going to develop the issue again in a few months. What needs to happen is they need to develop new screens that don't have the issue. They may try using the "healing" fix but that seems to be temporary. I'm sure they'll eventually fix the screen and the question then is will you be able to get the hardware replaced with one that doesn't have the issue? We'll have to see.

There's no point in replacing them right now, they're just going to develop the issue again in a few months. What needs to happen is they need to develop new screens that don't have the issue. They may try using the "healing" fix but that seems to be temporary. I'm sure they'll eventually fix the screen and the question then is will you be able to get the hardware replaced with one that doesn't have the issue? We'll have to see.

I think they have already developed a screen that is not defective for the 2019 cars.