Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does this mean my delivery is near?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Brother T

Stealth Performance
Nov 12, 2019
Chicago
I ordered LR AWD Gray on Oct. 30, 2019 and have been checking my Tesla Account and both forums everyday:(

Today, I get this text to complete Trade-in, Payment Method, and any other outstanding tasks in the next 72 hours for priority vehicle matching. Does that mean my delivery is near? I don’t want to apply for loan prematurely.

Also, can I choose cash option to complete the online process and do Tesla Financing at a later date, if I want to go with their financing?

Attachments

• A63D831B-DCC4-448E-B59E-783EE195B4B5.jpeg
    A63D831B-DCC4-448E-B59E-783EE195B4B5.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 130
  • AB8AA9EF-B2C5-4B35-A8B7-794125746374.jpeg
    AB8AA9EF-B2C5-4B35-A8B7-794125746374.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 121
Tes
I ordered LR AWD Gray on Oct. 30, 2019 and have been checking my Tesla Account and both forums everyday:(

Today, I get this text to complete Trade-in, Payment Method, and any other outstanding tasks in the next 72 hours for priority vehicle matching. Does that mean my delivery is near? I don’t want to apply for loan prematurely.

Also, can I choose cash option to complete the online process and do Tesla Financing at a later date, if I want to go with their financing?
a financing will hold 60 days now and we are late enough I would apply

Nice they finally got their act together. I would suggest applying for financing now as all US orders placed will be delivered by Dec 31st. that is only 34 days or so before you get the car. This will get you into priority delivery mode. I was told by Fremont Delivery center that the AWD units are coming out as we speak.

Ok, thank you!

I guess my delivery is near then. I’ll apply with Tesla financing and other banks to see what I get. Do I have to call Tesla financing people to see whether they price match if I get a lower loan APR from another vendor?

Ok, thank you!

I guess my delivery is near then. I’ll apply with Tesla financing and other banks to see what I get. Do I have to call Tesla financing people to see whether they price match if I get a lower loan APR from another vendor?
I would go with another vendor if u can get lower than 3.49%.. This is their floor but i have heard other members getting 3.29%....good luck!

So I got approved for 3.24% with Tesla. They used Chase for $30,000 loan. Is this good enough? Should I apply at other places to see what rates I get, at the expense of more credit inquiries?

I’m torn between deciding to go find better rates and take hits to credit or paying extra each month to drop the principal down to make the Interest amount go down enough to the point of making it equal to having an “adjusted simulated” lower rate? You know what I mean?

So I got approved for 3.24% with Tesla. They used Chase for $30,000 loan. Is this good enough? Should I apply at other places to see what rates I get, at the expense of more credit inquiries?

I’m torn between deciding to go find better rates and take hits to credit or paying extra each month to drop the principal down to make the Interest amount go down enough to the point of making it equal to having an “adjusted simulated” lower rate? You know what I mean?

PenFed has a 2.99% rate if you want to go 36 months but otherwise I think you're about as close to the bottom as you are going to find. Any difference in a few basis points is not going to equate to much in interest on a loan that's only 3-5 years anyway.

Paying cash is probably the simpliest, fastest transaction as the numbers can be easily be plugged into the MVPA. I assume Tesla's financing would be smooth in that they work with these lenders all the time on car purchases and probably deal with the same individuals processing the loans so each party knows what to expect and when. Not to say outside lenders pose more problems but I know from reading some past owner's purchasing comments that sometimes there's confusion on amounts or when the closing numbers need to be prepared for or the lending institution can't deliver their check on a weekend, etc.

Both of you are correct. I guess I’ll stick with Tesla and pay extra each month till the finance charge drops down to a comfortable number. In five years, I’ll be down $30,000 either way, so saving at least $1000-$1500 in interest can go a long way.

I got approved for 3.49 through Tesla, different bank, so I'm jealous of your rate.

I checked around and only credit unions would offer anything lower, and I rather not bother with them personally.

Check credit unions. I was able to join a educators credit union by donating to a PTA they supported to gain eligibility. They take care of it all though, just $10 donation. A bit more work but totally worth it. 1.99% 72 months for a $50k+ loan here in CA.

What's wrong with credit unions? I've done several loans with one, seems fine. For the Tesla, they are offering 2.44-2.69%.

There's a lot of ignorant people in the world. Personally I only "deal" with credit unions.

The ones in my area have subpar customer service, and don't have the latest web nor mobile offerings.

Meanwhile I've received the best service from non local banks that are mostly online only in my immediate area.

YMMV as noted, hence why I said personally.