Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dog Mode Improvement Needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dog Mode is my favorite feature in this car (used to wish this was an option in my previous car...). But one HUGE oversight by Tesla... Dog Mode DOES NOT lock out the windows. Several times, I have returned to find a window rolled down after my dog stepped on the button. Two obvious concerns here... 1) Falkor jumping out the window, and 2) a dognapper capitalizing on the opportunity (yes, that is a thing here and Falkor is a purebred CKCS so a prime target).

My fix is to use a felt pad to cover over the window buttons. Hopefully it is a temporary fix while we wait for a s/w fix from Tesla.

Dog Mode.JPG

All good points but I will never understand people who leave their dog in a car- even for one minute. My dog is a dog, no certificates, no blue ribbons and I would NEVER leave her alone in a car. NEVER EVER.. EVERRRR
Falkor is with me 24x7 (I work out of my home office). Our routine includes a stop at Starbucks on our way to one of the many trails I like to walk him on. Typically takes me only a few minutes, but there have been times when a barista backlog delays things.

Dog Mode is my favorite feature in this car (used to wish this was an option in my previous car...). But one HUGE oversight by Tesla... Dog Mode DOES NOT lock out the windows. Several times, I have returned to find a window rolled down after my dog stepped on the button. Two obvious concerns here... 1) Falkor jumping out the window, and 2) a dognapper capitalizing on the opportunity (yes, that is a thing here and Falkor is a purebred CKCS so a prime target).

My fix is to use a felt pad to cover over the window buttons. Hopefully it is a temporary fix while we wait for a s/w fix from Tesla.

I'm passing this to Earl (@28delayslater). He seems to be able to get things done when it comes to Dog Mode

Reactions: johnny_snow
Two obvious concerns here... 1) Falkor jumping out the window

Yep...this happened to us. About five years ago (pre-dog mode but AC left on remotely by app).

Wife was shopping. Someone came into the store and asked if anyone had a blonde standard poodle. One was running around the parking lot. Wife literally dropped everything she was holding and ran out of the store. Our dog had opened the front passenger window and jumped out.

Are you sure dog mode doesn't lock out the front windows? On our MX I left my wife in the car with dog mode on and she could not open the front window while sitting in passenger seat. I'll have to recheck.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
Yep...this happened to us. About five years ago (pre-dog mode but AC left on remotely by app).

Wife was shopping. Someone came into the store and asked if anyone had a blonde standard poodle. One was running around the parking lot. Wife literally dropped everything she was holding and ran out of the store. Our dog had opened the front passenger window and jumped out.

Are you sure dog mode doesn't lock out the front windows? On our MX I left my wife in the car with dog mode on and she could not open the front window while sitting in passenger seat. I'll have to recheck.
Sounds like the OP's dog is smarter than your wife. ;)

Our pooch rides in the back seat with a comfy dog hammock from Orvis. He has his own special seatbelt. Much safer than the front seat, and no risk of window opening.
Ours had a seat belt too, he got bored on a 10 minute drive and ate through it though .....:D

He does have a hammock though, although it doesn't keep in the back seat when we leave him a for more than a couple of minutes.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker