Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dog seat belt/ tether for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! First post ever in TMC, thank you for all of the informative info first of all!

I've been searching through the forum for model 3 and saw a lot of hammocks recommendations, however, I am unable to find a mention of dog tether/ seat belt recommendations for dogs, and would love to see what everyone else uses to keep their dog secured. My guy, a 25ish pound Shiba Inu just loves to be adventurous and explore up to the center console while I drive haha. Unfortunately, the old tether I had doesn't work on the shape of the model 3 headrests.

Would love to see what other Model 3 dog owners uses! Thank you for your time in advance!

Hi all! First post ever in TMC, thank you for all of the informative info first of all!

I've been searching through the forum for model 3 and saw a lot of hammocks recommendations, however, I am unable to find a mention of dog tether/ seat belt recommendations for dogs, and would love to see what everyone else uses to keep their dog secured. My guy, a 25ish pound Shiba Inu just loves to be adventurous and explore up to the center console while I drive haha. Unfortunately, the old tether I had doesn't work on the shape of the model 3 headrests.

Would love to see what other Model 3 dog owners uses! Thank you for your time in advance!

I use a soft crate in the back seat. Allows dog to move around while still keeping him confined. Costco has a great one for around $50 - in store not online.

Get your dog a quality harness with a clip on the back plus one of these tethers that connects the harness to a seat belt. Blueberry Pet 12 Colors Classic Dog Seat Belt Tether for Dogs Cats, Rouge Red, Durable Safety Car Vehicle Seatbelts Leads Use with Harness https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073W7NWQK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YDDUCbS14WA1Z

My dog curls up and naps.

Awesome so this one fits the model 3 rear passenger seatbelts? This is what I was looking for but wasn't sure about the compatibility haha. Thanks!