Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

dome lights turn off...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

zambono

Mar 1, 2016
DC
I am not sure if this is normal but the dome lights set on auto turn off after some time even if the door is still open. An example is me strapping the baby to her car seat and the lights will go dark before I am done.

I think it has always been that way on my 2015 Model S. It is annoying if, for example, you are doing something in your car and need the light.

Here is what the Model S manual says. Apparently it will stay on for up to an hour if you turn it on manually.

"If you turn on DOME lights, all interior dome (map) lights turn on when you unlock Model S,
open a door upon exiting, or shift into P (Park). They turn off after 60 seconds, when you lock
Model S, or when you shift into a driving gear. If set to AUTO, dome lights turn on only when
little or no light is detected.
"You can also manually turn an individual dome light on or off by pressing its lens. If you
manually turn a dome light on, it turns off when Model S powers off. If Model S was already
powered off when you manually turned the light on, it turns off after 60 minutes."

• Informative
Reactions: BerTX
I think it has always been that way on my 2015 Model S. It is annoying if, for example, you are doing something in your car and need the light.

Here is what the Model S manual says. Apparently it will stay on for up to an hour if you turn it on manually.

"If you turn on DOME lights, all interior dome (map) lights turn on when you unlock Model S,
open a door upon exiting, or shift into P (Park). They turn off after 60 seconds, when you lock
Model S, or when you shift into a driving gear. If set to AUTO, dome lights turn on only when
little or no light is detected.
"You can also manually turn an individual dome light on or off by pressing its lens. If you
manually turn a dome light on, it turns off when Model S powers off. If Model S was already
powered off when you manually turned the light on, it turns off after 60 minutes."

thanks for the info