Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don't open your FWDs in NYC!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Especially if the X has recently been washed. I felt like a D list celebrity with the stares and phone cameras directed at me. I'm pretty much a big deal now, or so I told my wife.

It's a strange feeling seeing all the smiles as you drive by or when opening the FWDs and people jumping in the street to snap a quick pic.

Next time I'll be ready... I'm taking my DSLR camera and will take pictures of the picture takers.

Especially if the X has recently been washed. I felt like a D list celebrity with the stares and phone cameras directed at me. I'm pretty much a big deal now, or so I told my wife.

It's a strange feeling seeing all the smiles as you drive by or when opening the FWDs and people jumping in the street to snap a quick pic.

Next time I'll be ready... I'm taking my DSLR camera and will take pictures of the picture takers.

Your photos will be popular on this forum! Would you mind also sharing the specs of your car? What battery size, options etc?

The last time I had my MX washed, the guys at the entrance to the car wash tunnel stopped the line, came out to me and asked me to open the FWDs. And then called over everyone else who was working there to check it out. The manager apologized for them asking me to open the doors but of course I didn't mind in the least.

The Model X's Falcon Wing Doors certainly attract attention!

Reactions: Ormond
The last time I had my MX washed, the guys at the entrance to the car wash tunnel stopped the line, came out to me and asked me to open the FWDs. And then called over everyone else who was working there to check it out. The manager apologized for them asking me to open the doors but of course I didn't mind in the least.

The Model X's Falcon Wing Doors certainly attract attention!

Did they get pictures of your paint swirls after you exited the tunnel? ;)

I was afraid of this before pulling the trigger, but the X is pretty much everywhere around LA and I never experienced this. It was a bit of a relief. The most I got is the usual "Oh, It's pretty cool!".
So far 1 lady asked to take picture of the car at the library parking lot. Then there are random people coming over to chat. I always hear people talking about the doors when passing by. I sometimes park further to avoid unnecessary attention but every time I did, it ended up someone was actually walking right up to the car next to mine and started talking about the car. Yes this is in LA.

I think some guy in my neighborhood is a Tesla employee. Will try to get a pic of him but I have seen him walking around with a black shirt that says Tesla on it in red. Is that a employee shirt or just something from the accessory site? I got a jacket and t-shirt when I picked up my X but its different compared to the shirt he was wearing.

If he is really an employee, that would be awesome especially if he works in service.

I think some guy in my neighborhood is a Tesla employee. Will try to get a pic of him but I have seen him walking around with a black shirt that says Tesla on it in red. Is that a employee shirt or just something from the accessory site? I got a jacket and t-shirt when I picked up my X but its different compared to the shirt he was wearing.

If he is really an employee, that would be awesome especially if he works in service.

I got a mug and an umbrella (not complaining). I WISH I would have gotten one of those nice jackets!

I have such a shirt, and I'm not an employee. I got mine at shop.tesla.com.

I did see a car the other day with a mfg plate, so *that* is probably an employee :)