Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on Model X accident?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone!

I got into an accident (first time) with my 2019 Model X two days ago. I was going straight and someone turned right into me, luckily not my fault but I would like to ask if anyone has an idea on what the damages could be?

The pictures don't do justice, or maybe it's just bias, but there's body damage, the front passenger tire axel definitely bent/snapped (tire caved in and made car undriveable), the passenger door is jammed and won't open, the air suspension looks like the car just sank onto its side and the camera on the front passenger side is definitely damaged. There's also some sort of fluid that was leaking after we moved the vehicle back as seen in the picture (is it just brake fluid?)

I'm in British Columbia, Canada, so I am having to go through ICBC to deal with this. Already worried about wait times and definitely not excited for the diminished value that ICBC won't let me do anything about :(

Attachments

• IMG_9068.JPG
    IMG_9068.JPG
    524.1 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_9067.jpg
    IMG_9067.jpg
    785.7 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_9065.jpg
    IMG_9065.jpg
    770.8 KB · Views: 138
Describe the fluid please. Any trouble codes on the service, notification page?
Sorry, I just saw that you updated this!

The fluid was a translucent blueish color from what I remember, I thought it could have been brake fluid but there was a lot that leaked out right after the accident.
There were no trouble codes but the car was undriveable after the incident (of course due to the tire)

Blue is coolant. If you jack the back of the car up on that side then you will be able to jack the front. Need to see where it's leaking.
It's already been towed by the insurance company so I won't be able to check out where the leak is myself

Was more just wondering if anyone has any ideas what damage like this would cost, I thought it was just a small accident until I saw what happened to the wheel and the fact that the incident was able to cause a leak at all

Unfortunately I don't think the cost will be as painful as the turn-around time to fix it.
I'm just worried that if they opt to repair it, it won't ever really drive the same again. I have coverage for a rental until it is fixed but just a rough situation to be in.

An inspection camera or GoPro might get in there to see the damage. Could record it with your phone.
It is battery coolant that leaked, I got confirmation from the estimator. Still don't have more details though