Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#DontPulltheLever

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone buy this? Looks like a good idea for $6,

Home - Tesla Bros | Tesla Model 3 Accessories

Now that the software drops the window when you use the latch, it's not as important.
Here's what I use, but remember that almost no matter how you label it, no one expects an electric button as a door opener.

kFyrz+

The exit text is so much better. All of those icons I've seen with the exception of MoreAgain's, look like paperclips. Also, these stickers are printed at the cost of around 100 for $1 in China so whoever is buying these is giving the seller some insane margin.

Reactions: 1375mlm
Those stickers look a little cheap to me personally. I instead wrapped the part where the lever is and no one even knows its there to use. People still look around when they try to exit it but they don't pull the lever as it's wrapped and almost indistinguishable from the rest of the door.

I made the Exit label using a "white on black" P-Touch label maker, so I guess it's free(ish).

To make the label less visible I tucked the ends of the label into the slots at each side when I applied it, and I trimmed the top and bottom edges a bit to remove a little border that can sometimes show up when applied to a black surface.

You DO still get a warning when you use the manual opener, but the window drop is quick enough to clear the trim during a typical exit, and more importantly the window is down when you close the door.

I've designed products for a living, so I have developed a knack for watching how people use things. My comment above about people not expecting an electric button as a door opener seems universal based on my passengers.

I have learned to tell people as we approach the car, "Push the fat part, pull the thin part," to get in.

When getting out, I tell first-timers: "Grab the handle and press the top thumb button as you push open the door."

You need those directions for everybody, no matter what their education level is. No one expects getting in or out to work the way it does in Model 3, and it can be really frustrating to people to have to figure them out. Once they get it, it's totally cool. But best to tell them upfront what to do.