Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door logo projector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried 3 different door logo projectors, and finally found one that works. The direct snap in replacements are terrible. I bought them on amazon for $18, but they are $50 now. Here is a link to aliexpress, bu they suck. The logo is hardly visible, but they were easy to install:
For tesla emblem Laser LED Door Courtesy projector Shadow Light for tesla model S logo projector lamp-in Headlight Bulbs from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

The large black tubular ones on ebay are way too big to fit in the X door (need to be shallower). I even had a forum member 3d print some mounting plates for me. But in the end, this is what worked. The quality of these are great and they were only $20.

2x car logo Ghost Shadow Projector Door welcome Lamp LED light for VIP Batman Tesla Iron Man Chicago Blackhawks Hockey NHL COBRA-in Signal Lamp from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

To install them, I just used the provided 18.5 hole saw and cut in the middle of the old LED lens after I popped out the light (I replaced my led's with abstract ocean.) The led fit right in, but it was still a tiny bit too deep as it hit the bottom of our door pocket. So I purchased a pack of these from Amazon, which is the absolute perfect size. you might need 1 or 2 depending. I only needed 1 washer. 18mm x 24mm x 2mm Metric Ring Shape Copper Flat Washer 10 Pcs: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Image quality is killer and install was easy. For wiring them, I actually cut the plugs off the crappy snap in replacement lights and used those. Lots of options as you could probably hack apart the old led and use that plug too, but I kept it simple.

Tony c

20161231_162918.jpg
20170412_210313.jpg
20170412_210320.jpg
20170412_213732.jpg
20170413_091854.jpg

how much did the cost of installation and materials? also was it a simple installation? Congrats! I'm getting my car this week and hope to do something like this in future. I am going to be using a transformer logo instead. :p