Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door opens automatically after park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Call service. They will likely send a Ranger to your location to either adjust or replace the handle under warranty. As above, it's presenting too far and tripping the open function. In the mean time, for temporary solution you can set only the driver's handle to present upon parking or unlocking.

I just picked up a 2015 P85D and the driver's side door is opening anytime the handle presents, it opens just a small ways similar to how an X presents its door. I assumed it was a feature of the newer S (my first was a 2012 P85 and it did not do this). I was trying to figure out how to turn the feature off, because the door keeps opening anytime the handle presents, even if I am just walking by or getting in the trunk.

Is this door handle adjustment the problem I'm having as well? This would be great to learn. I'm already planning on taking the door apart because the handle is not aligned with the body panel well and needs an adjustment there, as well.

I just picked up a 2015 P85D and the driver's side door is opening anytime the handle presents, it opens just a small ways similar to how an X presents its door. I assumed it was a feature of the newer S (my first was a 2012 P85 and it did not do this). I was trying to figure out how to turn the feature off, because the door keeps opening anytime the handle presents, even if I am just walking by or getting in the trunk.

Is this door handle adjustment the problem I'm having as well? This would be great to learn. I'm already planning on taking the door apart because the handle is not aligned with the body panel well and needs an adjustment there, as well.

yes. As above. Door handle adjustment or possibly broken switch or shorted wire in the handle.