Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door Panel Rattles, Need help / Suggestions.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my passenger mirror assembly replaced about 2 weeks ago which required the mobile tech to remove my passenger door panel. After that I noticed an annoying rattle. I’ll be taking the panel off this weekend to try and fix it myself.

I just fixed a rattle in my door panel with some felt tape and broke one of the clips in the process, so I feel ya.

Here's a video I made taking the door panel off and reinstalling. Reinstalling is the tricky part where I broke a clip:

Here's where my rattle was coming from and how I fixed it:

Here are some details on the clips. They're $8 each from Tesla (PN 1135147-00-A) so I've been looking for an alternative source. So far no luck:

View media item 119414View media item 119413View media item 119412View media item 119411View media item 119420View media item 119419View media item 119418View media item 119417View media item 119416

I just want to thank you for this fantastic post and videos. I had a mobile ranger replace my passenger side mirror a few weeks back and ever since there’s been a rattle in that door when I go over bumps or listen to music at a decent volume.

After watching your videos a few times I decided to fix this myself. Got some felt tape like you did and opened up the door. Sure enough the same exact piece was loose in my door panel like in your video. I went a bit overboard with the felt tape using it on absolutely everything I found to be even the slightest bit loose. Those plastic door fasteners are a huge pain, luckily I only had one that got stuck in the door. Another I found to be broken which I suspect was caused by the mobile ranger.

I just finished putting the door panel back on and then immediately started blasting some music and I don’t think I hear any rattle at all anymore. I won’t know for sure until I drive around a bit but I’m hopeful I fixed it. Thank you again for this helpful post!

Reactions: SammichLover
I just fixed a rattle in my door panel with some felt tape and broke one of the clips in the process, so I feel ya.

Here's a video I made taking the door panel off and reinstalling. Reinstalling is the tricky part where I broke a clip:

Here's where my rattle was coming from and how I fixed it:

Here are some details on the clips. They're $8 each from Tesla (PN 1135147-00-A) so I've been looking for an alternative source. So far no luck:

View media item 119414View media item 119413View media item 119412View media item 119411View media item 119420View media item 119419View media item 119418View media item 119417View media item 119416
Has anyone been able to find these clips to buy somewhere?

Jokes aside, that was the official recommendation to me by the local SCs service manager.
That manager needs to be fired. On a rocket. Into the sun.

I've had all my rattle noise concerns taken very seriously.

Of course the Model 3 won't me dead silent, there will always be some wind noise, and rough enough spots in the road will create part-on-part contact and a bit of mechanical sound from the suspension, and objects on the road along with texture of road surface contacting the tires will create noise. But within those boundaries you shouldn't be getting suggestions from them like that, unless it jest and they are very sure you will take it as jest such as they're already obviously working on the problem anyway. :p