Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door Seal Wind Noise Kit for Model X - anybody try?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve tried several kits they don’t have good instructions and aren’t quite made for the x, I would say forget them for now . I emailed tpm a while back and they said they are working on sound dampening kits for the x im keeping my fingers crossed

The X has triple door gaskets and the 3 has double. A lot of Model 3 owners find those kits didn’t help much and the gaskets peel off after hot weather. I think the idea was started for keeping dirt out of the inner door voids than for noise. I had them on my Model 3 and it was hard to notice the audible difference.

If one FWD is different than the other it could be an adjustment. I had to adjust my driver door window to seal correctly. And found other potential leaks I fixed when I had the door panel off. I’ve never sat in the back on the highway. I should try it.

One other thing to try is, try another X. Don’t band-aide the X if something isn’t right on yours.

These kits do little to nothing in terms of reducing road and wind noise.
That’s a shame. And you’re right. Spent almost an hour installing these seals, no instructions provided, and they made no difference.

The Model X out of the box is already a very loud vehicle. Above 25 mph the cabin drones and roars with a cacophony of creaks, rattles, road and wind noise.

I’m surprised so little has been written about it, and surprised that no products have been developed after market, to address this. No kits, no DIY youtube videos, no aftermarket products, no anything. The silence is puzzling.