Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door Sill Versions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

supersnoop

Tesla Roadster #334
Mar 24, 2014
Pflugerville
I'm having some items repaired on my Roadster, and I've run into some parts supply issues. I'm trying to determine the history behind the various door sills used in production. Does anyone know if the different versions were used at different times, or if they were specific options? As far as I know, these are the four versions available:
1. Plain black plastic
2. Black plastic with silver scuff plate
3. Carbon fiber with silver scuff plate
4. Carbon fiber with black scuff plate

Was the scuff plate added with the 2.0 or 2.5 redesign, or was it a production change at a random point in the production timeline? Are there any versions I didn't list?

As far as I know, these are the four versions available:
1. Plain black plastic
2. Black plastic with silver scuff plate
3. Carbon fiber with silver scuff plate
4. Carbon fiber with black scuff plate

Was the scuff plate added with the 2.0 or 2.5 redesign, or was it a production change at a random point in the production timeline? Are there any versions I didn't list?

I can believe that there's a black (vinyl) with silver insert around. There are the tan colored sills that came with the tan executive leather package (again around the 2.0 era). If you look closely it has a cutout / insert area like the CF sills, so I can see that being silver cutout where the sill is black:

710.jpg

The CF silver/black scuff plate I believe came out when they did the interior CF packaging. Something tells me 2.0 era, but possibly they may have had it in the 1.5 but feel not really.

The black plastic is the stock version and its not plastic, but rather some vinyl covering over some lighweight, dense, and very brittle foam core. Happy to upgrade to the CF sills for sure. Really makes the look of the inside that greats you when you open the door...

Love the blacked out handles in the pic above, I hate my silver ones! I might paint them unless I want to drop $450 for a CF set which I feel is insane but I know its a low production CF part so I understand the high premium.

Last edited: