Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door window problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sunday I was driving around and the right rear door window went down and wouldn't go back up. Not a good thing in the rain season in Fla. I called Tesla who took down my info & early this morning the Dania Beach Service Center called and advised me the Ranger would be to my house very soon. You gotta love that service! Defiantly not a car from the big guys. A big THANK YOU to our tech andvTesla for getting it fixed right away!!!
image.jpg

Wow, so glad I saw this thread! The same thing happened on my car today - both back windows dropped on open but did not return when the doors were closed. Mine looked closer to Towman's pic than Kaivball's. I had to close them from the driver's door console. All seems back to normal after a few lock/unlock cycles, but I've noted the issue for a trip to the Rockville service center.

First issue for an early adopter today as well. Rear driver's side window just dropped. All windows were closed. I took a right turn, and the window literally just 'dropped'.

I can hear the motor going up and down. I think the regulator is still good but did a quick search on the internet and found out that there is a Rear Window Regulator Reinforcement clip (SB-13-11-005) that will need to be replaced at your next annual inspection.

I'm scheduled at the Rockville Tesla Service Center in Maryland.