Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dots in the windshield?

Beepimajeep888

Jan 18, 2021
San Diego
Is anyone else dealing with this/is this normal? It just looks like a huge array of dots all over the windshield that only shows in certain angles in the light, but can get annoying and even a little blinding:

View attachment 649510

This is after I used Invisible Glass cleaner on both the inside and outside of the windshield. Any suggestions for removing this or am I stuck with it?

Beepimajeep888

Jan 18, 2021
San Diego
In case the photo above isn't working:
k4vnYme.jpg

Scarecrow

Jan 18, 2021
Bay Area, CA
Looks like overspray. A clay bar can remove it. I’d take it to the SC if the MY is new to have them fix it. I had overspray from the factory and underneath was light surface scratches.

Reactions: ahcpa

SvenG

Feb 9, 2021
Redmond, US
I had the exact same issue on our MY that got delivered 3/12.
The service removed it with a clay bar. Was not just on the windshield but most horizontal surfaces.

Last edited:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC