Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Double Car Garage - Auto Park Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How can the M3 Auto Park in a Double Car Garage, if both cars are not there? Is there a middle line I need to paint on the floor?

It can't. It doesn't look at the lines, it's based on the space between the car and wall.

Best option would be to just position your vehicle, and then use summon to finish the parking straight in.

D5212F54-9A26-40A5-948B-315169C5095A.jpeg
Current self-parking only uses ultrasonics. Enhanced summon must be using cameras. I expect the self-parking to be able to use cameras then too.

I made lines in the garage with white duct tape. It makes parking much simpler and I look forward to the Tesla using the cameras to park itself.

View attachment 410692 Current self-parking only uses ultrasonics. Enhanced summon must be using cameras. I expect the self-parking to be able to use cameras then too.

I made lines in the garage with white duct tape. It makes parking much simpler and I look forward to the Tesla using the cameras to park itself.
I like the white. I used blue painters tape to keep each car sort of on its own side. H white would be more visible though.

Attachments

• 4D94B8B2-34A7-4A0E-AD92-5E16EC3524FA.jpeg
    4D94B8B2-34A7-4A0E-AD92-5E16EC3524FA.jpeg
    419 KB · Views: 71
I have a very tight garage and I am wondering if my M3 will fit using summon. It would need to fit between 2 wall apart of 2350mm (M3 1933mm with mirror folded). Also it would need to start on a small incline from the outside which I think may not work according to the user manual. How close to the wall can you get using summon? Any feed back on your experiences are very appreciated.

I have a very tight garage and I am wondering if my M3 will fit using summon. It would need to fit between 2 wall apart of 2350mm (M3 1933mm with mirror folded). Also it would need to start on a small incline from the outside which I think may not work according to the user manual. How close to the wall can you get using summon? Any feed back on your experiences are very appreciated.
I’ve summoned mine in but made sure I stood in front of car so I could see both sides of car. I have a short incline into the garage. Folks have summoned the car into car/garage collisions, particularly the garage door track it seems.