Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Double stop on front passenger rearward seat adjustment (not recline) question...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, can anyone tell me if there is a double stop on the front seat adjustment when you adjust the seat rearward (not recline)? When I adjust the seat rearward it stops once but if you push it again it continues to move rearward then makes a weird noise, thanks.

If it's like the driver's seat, the track is weird. It's like a lower case letter "h", lying on it's long side. IIRC, if the seat is in a high position, it needs to move lower before it can go back the full range.
I learned this early in my Dec. 2020 production MYLR. Tech explained it to me this way.

Thank you for the reply, so it does stop twice? I don’t want to make a service appointment if this is normal.
Something like that. IIRC, in a raised setting, when you move it rearward, it stops about 2/3 of the way back. Then I had to lower it to be able to move it all the way back. I had a mobile service tech explain it to me, since I thought, like you, that it wasn't functioning correctly.
I hope this makes sense.

Hi, just wanted to let everyone know what prevented the seat from adjusting fully rearward. The seat bolt was loose, preventing the seat from moving past the bolt. It had to have been like this since delivery. I realized it because coffee was spilled and I had to clean the seat and the track, I hand tightened the bolt but couldn't torque it down. Now the seat fully adjusts rearward.

Attachments

• Loose Seat Bolt.jpg
    Loose Seat Bolt.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 43
Hi, just wanted to let everyone know what prevented the seat from adjusting fully rearward. The seat bolt was loose, preventing the seat from moving past the bolt. It had to have been like this since delivery. I realized it because coffee was spilled and I had to clean the seat and the track, I hand tightened the bolt but couldn't torque it down. Now the seat fully adjusts rearward.
You should bring that in. That’s a safety hazard.