Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Download My Data does not show values for Export to Grid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been waiting for the missing data to backfill into my solar and consumption logging on pvoutput.org, as on 9/9 my SmartMeter was swapped out by PG&E - unfortunately coincident with the Download My Data outage. My Green Button Data as come back, sort of - I can download it, but the typical 15-minute interval data switches to only HOURLY data on 9/9 and continues to the last data points on 9/15. This is within the same CSV data file for the pats month.

So I don't know how much of this difference is due to my unique SmartMeter swap situation, and how much is due to the systemwide data outage. Anyone else look at the Green Button data for this data outage period?
My Green button data is hourly (as I want it). It has never been 15-minute interval data.

My Green button data is hourly (as I want it). It has never been 15-minute interval data.

That is curious, I do recall there was another thread where people had different interval data, and I know my own was hourly around 2011-2012, switched to 15-min around 2014-2015, may have been around the time all my prior Green Button historical data got wiped clean forever.

What's interesting is mine switched literally in a single CSV download. It must be because of the new SmartMeter, I wonder if mine will permanently be hourly going forward - though I'm pretty sure the new meter is exactly the same brand and model as my old one (Landis+Gyr)

I'm having the same issue (I think). When I use the tesla app to look at my energy use for the month, all the info in the app is approx. correct. However, if I 'download my data', while the 'home,' 'from powerwall,' 'solar energy,' and 'from grid' are correct, but oddly 'to grid' is way off. Let me state again that within the app, it looks correct. It is only in the .csv that is exported that the 'to grid' is way off. Is this what others are seeing? Who do we call to get this fixed?

In UK with 2 PW2 on a 3-phase grid connection, 3-phase PV inverter with 8.4kWp.
in the last 2-3 days the Tesla App is reporting high grid export numbers which are not reflected in the accompanying graph - see screenshot. I can never tell when the PW2 firmware is updated but I wonder if this is why this has recently gone wrong. Other monitoring sources I have tell me there have only been noise level exports and also the batteries did not fill up from PV so there should be no export to grid. I wonder if this is a manifestation of the problem others have seen - have you checked what the App is showing?
firmware is 23.28.2, App is 4.25.1

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpeg
    IMG_0013.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 35
I'm having the same issue (I think). When I use the tesla app to look at my energy use for the month, all the info in the app is approx. correct. However, if I 'download my data', while the 'home,' 'from powerwall,' 'solar energy,' and 'from grid' are correct, but oddly 'to grid' is way off. Let me state again that within the app, it looks correct. It is only in the .csv that is exported that the 'to grid' is way off. Is this what others are seeing? Who do we call to get this fixed?
This has been reported to Tesla by several people, but is still not fixed. I have a spreadsheet that I keep and I use the CSV data, but then hand type in each days "to grid" numbers that I get from looking at the app.