Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Downtown Montreal hotel bonus feature for Tesla owners!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to give a shout out for the Philips Square Hotel in downtown Montreal. Other than being a great reasonably priced hotel they also fully charge your car when parked in their garage. I was at 125 kms on check in and am now 100 % charged. Makes the valet parking virtually free for EV drivers .
Very cool to see services like that. Hope it catches on. !

I also hope they know the difference between LFP batteries, and the older ones. Of course you shouldn’t charge some of them to 100% like that.

Reactions: Biscuitman
Canadian ParknFly valet lots have free charging also. BTW, you can control the maximum charge with the Tesla app. Chances are these courtesy sites will just charge until the charging stops.
Just beware ParknFly Montreal. Showed up there in December for what I thought was my pre-booked valet parking with Tesla charging. Turns out that online booking in advance means absolutely nothing - they were full and had no interest in helping. Told me in no uncertain terms to just go park somewhere else. Shitty experience and last time I’ll ever attempt to give them my business. Left us having to go to a Supercharger and then back to the airport to regular parking. Please don’t reward these crappy companies with your business or trust them with your vehicle.

Just beware ParknFly Montreal. Showed up there in December for what I thought was my pre-booked valet parking with Tesla charging. Turns out that online booking in advance means absolutely nothing - they were full and had no interest in helping. Told me in no uncertain terms to just go park somewhere else. Shitty experience and last time I’ll ever attempt to give them my business. Left us having to go to a Supercharger and then back to the airport to regular parking. Please don’t reward these crappy companies with your business or trust them with your vehicle.
Sounds like the standard Montreal airport experience.
Very expensive on fees very cheap on service all round!

I once had a buddy who worked at the parking lot. And his exact words were "If you want your car stolen, this is the place to park it!"
Montreal is the car theft capital of North America.
You can't pay me to park at the airport. Luckily I can grab a taxi or uber for under $40.00

Reactions: richyrich
I use PnF Montreal valet 4 to 6 times a year and I've never had a problem. I'm just curious what their online support said when you gave them an earful about this terrible service.

I use PnF Montreal valet 4 to 6 times a year and I've never had a problem. I'm just curious what their online support said when you gave them an earful about this terrible service.
The whole experience went like this - drove up to the valet lot gate, there was a minivan parked across it, guy gets out and starts telling me "their systems are down" so I can't park. As he's doing that another guy comes zooming up behind me in a white truck with a plough, jumps out and starts ranting to me that I have to move, they're full and I can't park there. When I tell him I have a reservation and show my printout he literally yells "that means nothing, you have to park somewhere else". I tell him that sucks and he doesn't need to be a dick about it then he storms off to his truck and zooms off. Other (chill) guy apologizes and we leave.

Having got two reasons why we couldn't park, I suspect the one from the nutcase is the right one - the lot looked jammed as we drove around the corner - vehicles double-parked and crammed in every available space. My guess is the booking system isn't linked to available spaces in any way and they routinely overbook on the hopes they can cram cars in somewhere.

Needing to get my family to the Caribbean and now having to go get the car charged before I leave it a week, the last thing I had time to do was start calling or going online to complain - not going to let them waste any more of my time. Their online experience is decent and the services sound great, the on-the-ground reality in Montreal is they suck, or at the very best are a big gamble, with some questionable staff who'll have the keys to your vehicle. I won't rely on them again.

The whole experience went like this - drove up to the valet lot gate, there was a minivan parked across it, guy gets out and starts telling me "their systems are down" so I can't park. As he's doing that another guy comes zooming up behind me in a white truck with a plough, jumps out and starts ranting to me that I have to move, they're full and I can't park there. When I tell him I have a reservation and show my printout he literally yells "that means nothing, you have to park somewhere else". I tell him that sucks and he doesn't need to be a dick about it then he storms off to his truck and zooms off. Other (chill) guy apologizes and we leave.

Having got two reasons why we couldn't park, I suspect the one from the nutcase is the right one - the lot looked jammed as we drove around the corner - vehicles double-parked and crammed in every available space. My guess is the booking system isn't linked to available spaces in any way and they routinely overbook on the hopes they can cram cars in somewhere.

Needing to get my family to the Caribbean and now having to go get the car charged before I leave it a week, the last thing I had time to do was start calling or going online to complain - not going to let them waste any more of my time. Their online experience is decent and the services sound great, the on-the-ground reality in Montreal is they suck, or at the very best are a big gamble, with some questionable staff who'll have the keys to your vehicle. I won't rely on them again.
I can see the "systems are down" excuse. Companies are so dependent on automation that they can't cope with crashes and glitches.

I'd still send them an email with the specifics. You might get lucky, since you can prove that you had a reservation with the app.

I can see the "systems are down" excuse. Companies are so dependent on automation that they can't cope with crashes and glitches.

I'd still send them an email with the specifics. You might get lucky, since you can prove that you had a reservation with the app.
I don’t buy it for a second. It’s what the guy was told to say. I’d already booked online, they have my payment info. Park my car and key it into the system later. Don’t just tell me to get lost. They were full, and overbooked.

I doubt they’ll give two shits if I told them.

I don’t buy it for a second. It’s what the guy was told to say. I’d already booked online, they have my payment info. Park my car and key it into the system later. Don’t just tell me to get lost. They were full, and overbooked.

I doubt they’ll give two shits if I told them.
I used the valet service in January 2023 for a 2 week south vacation and was pleasantry surprised with them due to all the negative reviews online. We got there in a snowstorm at 5:00 am and saw them turning cars away from the the gate due to lot being full. The attendant came over and asked if I had a reservation and when I showed him the printout he let me in.
Parked at the building, checked our tesla card and was on the warm shuttle within minutes. They charged the car 2-3 times during the 2 weeks and it was cleaned off and waiting for me at the door on return (in an even worse snow storm!).
Maybe we just got lucky but I was very happy with the service.

I used the valet service in January 2023 for a 2 week south vacation and was pleasantry surprised with them due to all the negative reviews online. We got there in a snowstorm at 5:00 am and saw them turning cars away from the the gate due to lot being full. The attendant came over and asked if I had a reservation and when I showed him the printout he let me in.
Parked at the building, checked our tesla card and was on the warm shuttle within minutes. They charged the car 2-3 times during the 2 weeks and it was cleaned off and waiting for me at the door on return (in an even worse snow storm!).
Maybe we just got lucky but I was very happy with the service.
Good for you, glad it worked out. Wild variations in service is a great reason to avoid in my book though.