Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: SignatureSales
Ok so new wheels from @SignatureSales seem to be doing well on Brooks' Plaid! 1.97 0-60 on the street:

I never imagined a day where we’d be excited about shaving 0.02 seconds off 0-60 times. 😅

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I never imagined a day where we’d be excited about shaving 0.02 seconds off 0-60 times. 😅
Hey man we are at the record level here lol. I admit I'm much less excited for this 0-60 time than I would be if Tesla updated the website with the same figure, but stock. That means way more to me, and then it is even faster on the list of performance cars from the factory. Mods are mods. Nevertheless, I thought I would share it here for anyone interested. :)

Reactions: WilliamG
Nothing is going to move the needle a lot at this point. Just up against the laws of physics. When you are running this quick, as tiny as .02 sec improvement seems, it actually was a pretty significant change to get that.

At the same time, nothing has really changed. Almost no cars on the actually street will beat the Plaid. Not to say there aren't "street legal" cars that will beat it but they'll likely be trailered to someplace to run you on the street. I would even take Farm Truck pretty easily. The cars from Street Outlaws will probably beat the Plaid easily 1 to 1.5 seconds. It is stil pretty impressive it is fast as it is even if it is yesterday's news at this point.

went to track with the brand new plaid

Removed rear seat and trunk and rear door panels ( so this is a partial gut)

on oem 19" with pzero
my weight is 245#
have not weighted the car but I estimate weight removal at 200#
soc was 79%

went 9.167 @ 155.56 (track slip) that gave a dragy time of 9.17 and 0-60 dragy time of 2.12 (1.95 with rollout)
but dragy says invalid on all the 0-60 for today which never happened at same track on my other model s performance

so here is the timeslip
9460B6F0-2B9F-4B57-A2FE-03724A0D25C7.jpeg

and dragy 0-60 on same run
BDECA86E-27C4-43B7-8FFC-48864BC64C1D.png

Last edited:
went to track with the brand new plaid

Removed rear seat and trunk and rear door panels ( so this is a partial gut)

on oem 19" with pzero
my weight is 245#
have not weighted the car but I estimate weight removal at 200#
soc was 79%

went 9.167 @ 155.56 (track slip) that gave a dragy time of 9.17 and 0-60 dragy time of 2.12 (1.95 with rollout)
but dragy says invalid on all the 0-60 for today which never happened at same track on my other model s performance

so here is the timeslip
View attachment 727403

and dragy 0-60 on same run
View attachment 727404
A 1/4 mile from Dragy would be more useful than the 0-60. The dragy 1/4 mile doesn't care if you are deep or shallow staged.

Good 60 foot time on those 19" pzeros! :)

I've now seen 2 plaids in the 8s although this one wasn't first or fastest:

I've now seen 2 plaids in the 8s although this one wasn't first or fastest:

Looks like some serious weight reduction for sure.

This thread would be way more interesting now if Tesla would offer an acceleration boost option for the LR like they did for the 3 & Y.

Have the boost knock about .4-.5 seconds off the 0-60 and about .7-.8 seconds off the 1/4 mile times, price it 5k or under (preferably 2k like the 3/Y) and I'll slap it on the minute I take delivery. I won't even drive it off the lot without upgrading it.

This thread would be way more interesting now if Tesla would offer an acceleration boost option for the LR like they did for the 3 & Y.

Have the boost knock about .4-.5 seconds off the 0-60 and about .7-.8 seconds off the 1/4 mile times, price it 5k or under (preferably 2k like the 3/Y) and I'll slap it on the minute I take delivery. I won't even drive it off the lot without upgrading it.
Never going to happen. Not unless they also have one for the Plaid.

I think there is a case to be made for either viewpoint. Maybe someone wanted better performance than the base LR version of the 3 but didn't want the wheel and suspension "upgrades". Those alleged upgrades kept me from buying the MYP.

I would think it it is a pretty profitable upgrade. Switch on the boost and instant 2k in their pocket for the 3/Y. Obviously, there might be some additional warranty claims but it isn't like they really stretched themselves with the boost with respect to hardware failures. Whereas with the MYP they have an upgraded motor, a few other trinkets, "upgraded" wheels and tires. Either way, they got more money out of the buyer.

I don't think it would significantly steal sales from the Plaid. If you need the fastest/best/etc. you aren't going to go with the LR and boost it. You'll drop the cash on the Plaid in the first place. Now the prices LR vs. Plaid are a low closer than they were earlier in the year.

From purely the LR perspective, I would have liked to seen it with a bigger performance gap over the M3P in the 0-60 range. I definitely will be looking for any dragy runs to see how the MSLR runs with a lower SoC.

There was a case for the 3awd though. The M3P beat the C63 amg, but the C43 amg was quicker than the 3awd. With the performance boost the 3awd got quicker than the C43.

I think the MSLR will get boost if a car it should beat gets quicker. Now since the MSLR handily beats every car in its class, I don’t think the boost will come anytime soon.

I may be wrong but that’s how I see this.