Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dreaded wet window line after opening door.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,
I was wondering if any of you had any tips for cleaning your windows on the model 3?

Seeing that every time you open the door, it's window slides down just a bit left that line.

I know the best answer is simply don't open the door. However, some times, it seems to take hours to dry.

Just wanted to know if anyone had any useful tips for this

Thanks

Hey guys,
I was wondering if any of you had any tips for cleaning your windows on the model 3?

Seeing that every time you open the door, it's window slides down just a bit left that line.

I know the best answer is simply don't open the door. However, some times, it seems to take hours to dry.

Just wanted to know if anyone had any useful tips for this

Thanks
Let it dry, then use glass cleaner on the outside.

I use Adams glass sealant and glass cleaner.
The sealant acts like wax or a ceramic coating and keeps the moisture and dirt from even sticking.
Those lines do suck and my sisters mustang has the same issue. You can't open the door without the window going down and it nearly drove my bro-in-law mad:mad:
Try McGuire's quick wax sprayer. That kept dirt and moisture off almost as good as the Adams sealant and do all of the outside glass, you'll be happy with the results.
Good luck bro!:)

Thanks for the feedback guys.

FYI @rickdogg82 this isn't a warranty forum it's a forum to ask a question concerning one's tesla. Was never pointed at this as a Tesla issue but rather looking to other tesla owners about how they are dealing with the issue.

@Kleenerth3 Thanks for the suggestion. I have put Chemical Guys Jet sealer on the windows when I did the car a month ago. Don't know how that holds up but it's still beading pretty good.

Like I was mentioning I've gone back to my 3-4hrs later and the moisture is still there. Now I probably should leave the car in the sun or something. This is leaving it in my garage but I always like leaving it in the garage after a cleaning.

Thanks again for the feed back.

• Love
Reactions: Kleenerth3