TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Dreamworks CEO crashed in his Model S

Discussion in 'News' started by David99, Oct 24, 2015.

1. David99

David99 Active Member

http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/24/jeffrey-katzenberg-car-accident-surgery-arm-dreamworks/

Looks like he is fine. I used to work for him for almost 10 year. He got one of the very first signature models. Later he swapped it out with a white one. He isn't really into cars. He drove many different cars over the years. When I started he had two really old Mustangs. He got rid of them for a Prius (probably mostly for access to the HOV lanes), then got rid of it and got a Nissan Leaf, while all the other executives drove fancy cars LOL When he got his Tesla he was pretty excited. In an email to all Dreamworks employees he said 'come check it out'. He's not done that with any of his other cars. It was painful walking by his Model S every day when I got to work. Because of him I bought one, too. :biggrin:

2. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

Good to see that he's alright. If he ended up with broken arms then the accident was very severe. Without enough information, I would bet that his Tesla did a great job of keeping him safe. He should get another with the active safety features/autopilot.

3. JPP

JPP Active Member

If his hands were not on the steering wheel or were in an odd position, the airbag deployment could have resulted in a wrist/forearm fracture. Well known. Sounds bad, but the alternatives are usually much worse (...no airbag).

4. swaltner

swaltner Member

TMZ article comments... Ah, that's what people are talking about when they talk about the deep dark corner of the Internet, such hatred in the couple comments I read.... Hope he recovers soon.

5. David99

David99 Active Member

6. doctorwho

doctorwho Member

Interesting, I wonder how Autosteer is going to impact driver injuries given that many people won't have their hands on the wheel?

7. hobbes

hobbes Active Member

#7 hobbes, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015