Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drive model x without key (only app) works!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I had my model X for months now and the keyless drive doesnt work. Asked many advisor from Tesla and said it wont work on my model x (2016, hw1, mcu2). But today mobile service came and i ask the question again and said they will have to reset security, once thats done it works! Now i can drive without the keys present. So if you ever wonder why it doesnt work it needs security reset!

Enjoy!

Hi all,

I had my model X for months now and the keyless drive doesnt work. Asked many advisor from Tesla and said it wont work on my model x (2016, hw1, mcu2). But today mobile service came and i ask the question again and said they will have to reset security, once thats done it works! Now i can drive without the keys present. So if you ever wonder why it doesnt work it needs security reset!
Keyless only works when the car and your phone have a half decent cellular signal, and the Tesla VPN is not down. The latter happens more often than you might think. Be careful running around without your key.

Keyless only works when the car and your phone have a half decent cellular signal, and the Tesla VPN is not down. The latter happens more often than you might think. Be careful running around without your key.
Thank you for the tip. I wont be doing that but it did come in handy when i wanted to quickly move my car and forgot my keys. I was told by service advisor that my car could not do it, but in fact it just needed a security reset. Oh also summon works more consistence after the security reset!