Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drive Unit CAN harness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Model S bricked for a week (could not change from P and the battery cooling all time on draining 11% daily), just got the news from Tesla - the CAN harness of the rear drive unit needs replacement, and for that the unit needs to be removed, then alignment needed. 1.5k USD... Anyone has experience replacing the harness without drive removal?

An update on the issue - my Tesla is still bricked with the issue - almost 50 days now! Diagnosed high resistance in one of the CAN wires in the rear subframe harness. The harness in stock in Norway did not fit - a month ago. Since then - every around 10 days I'm getting 'the car is under work', never finished and no info what the issue is now!
Tesla continues to state it's out of warranty and that the harness is not to be repaired, must be replaced. Just from curiosity looked through the service history and guess what I found - this same issue happened 25k km/2 years ago and Tesla 'repaired' the harness! The owner paid 2k usd. Asking isn't it warranty of the repair - they say it's not warranty now as 2 years are gone, even though they did a not really allowed by their standard fix. So I still don't know what happens...In the meantime - bought a P85D Ludicrous :) Anyway, the service is a shame, it absolutely does not match the piece of art Tesla created. All my friends who can afford but don't buy Tesla say it's because of the service.