Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drive Unit - now they won’t replace it - what do I do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is Tesla S 2014. I am having loud screech noise when I drive, in Aug 2021 they confirmed it’s Drive Unit and ordered the replacement part — they mentioned I was right on time as the warranty would had expired if I came in a month later. Phew! Fast forward to Jan 2021. My car has issues with steering wheel, need to get towed to the center. I had an appt to get the drive unit replaced as the part was avail on Dec 29th but I was traveling, figured will do it in Jan. Since my car was towed to the same service center - I asked them to also take care of the drive unit. Now they say lashangle is 35 but has to be 25 to replace it. And won’t do it. I am frustrated. I don’t want to drive with the loud noise. It feels unsafe. My non Tesla friends think the car is going to be on fire 🔥 and don’t like to ride in the car with that sound. As you can see in the pic they clearly said they would replace, I am afraid that in a few months they will charge me $10k because it is out of warranty to replace it. What should I do?

ED463585-3D70-49A0-B899-1D683C683FC0.jpeg