Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Door Unlock Mode 2021.44.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After enable it only driver door is open, but passenger door not opening from outside with approaching with iphone. Any idea how to make it unlock from outside besides use app on iPhone?
I had the same question, did some digging and found a similar thread on Reddit. Basically, the feature ONLY allows the driver door to unlock regardless of where you are around the vehicle. You need to use the screen or app to then “lock” and then “unlock“ all doors. I was hoping it would work as you said but that’s not the case. Long story short, I turned the feature off since I have kids and frequently need easy access to the other doors.

Reactions: tsam23
Yeah same here. Needs an easier way to unlock all doors - maybe a specific option in the app. Can't see why, if the option is enabled, then the icon in the app changes to "unlock all doors" for the next press of the button, then back to "lock" after that.

I just turned it off because I couldn't figure out how to unlock the other doors... double tap the unlock? No... just re-locks the doors. Tap the lock icon in the car? No... just locks the doors.

I got annoyed and used voice command this morning -- "Unlock all doors". That worked. Still... I turned it off.