Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver LCD has Bubbles after Visit to Clarkston, MI Service Center.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen Techs at the service centers taking videos of the cars when they are dropped off. I do the same for the interior and exterior of my car. I let the service advisor see me do it. This is an example as to why.
I've seen them do this as well. For some reason, they didn't for me this time.

Even the staff was like "for some reason I don't have photos of the before"... when I got there, they had the body shop guy come look over my trunk issue, and he just took it from the entrance office with no mat covers or steering wheel covers and no photos/video. Just hopped in and took it right after I showed the trunk issue.

I guess I will have to document from now on, but I'm going to fight this damage until they cover me. There is no way I'm accepting that they can just damage my steering wheel and say "oh well, sorry".

Reactions: Gixx1300R
My driver display LCD was FINE, until I left the car in the care of the Clarkston, Michigan service center for 2 nights. Repairs completed: emmc recall, passenger door handle fix, and a headlight bulb replacement.

I got in the car and immediately noticed 6 giant air bubbles in the LCD (pic attached). The service center manager refuses to repair it because he insists that none of the repairs completed have anything to do with the driver's LCD.

2 possibilities:
1. SOMETHING happened in the course of their repairs that affected the driver's LCD.
2. S**t happens, and it JUST SO HAPPENED TO HAPPEN TO ME, while the car was at the Service Center...

Which would you say is more likely?

Anyone have any similar experiences?

View attachment 776247
Just left there today with similar experience. They damaged my rear passenger rim while replacing a tire. Scuffs on lip, gouge section and another smaller scuff. Similar said it appeared to have prior damage so nothing they would do. it has a small insignificant mark prior to tire replacement. now you can visibily see all the damage they caused. they admit they did damage, but the prior mark says they will do nothing

Attachments

• rim damage 1.jpg
    rim damage 1.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 53
  • rim damage 2.jpg
    rim damage 2.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 28
  • rim damage 3.jpg
    rim damage 3.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 30