Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

driver settings not changing when swapping profile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since a day or two we are experiencing the following issue: when we try to swap driver profile (to change the position of seat, steering wheel, etc) it does not change anything. However it only saves the current settings over the saved settings for that specific profile. For example when my wife swaps to her profile, instead of moving the seat to her position the car saves my settings as hers. We did not experience this issue before.

A reboot of the car (holding the two wheels on the steering wheel) works just briefly, after swapping the profile once (which it does) the issue is back.

Anyone has any experience with this or suggestions? The car is a Model S dec'18

I’ve never experienced that issue in any of our Teslas. I have experienced switching the profile not changing the seat position on occasion, but when that happens I can select that profile again and the seats move to the correct position.

You can recalibrate your seats when they’re not adjusting correctly, probably under Controls > Service. Don’t sit in the seat when you do that, because it reclines and moves around.

Upvote 0
Just today got the same problem (Model S 2016). Seats move fine under manual control. Rebooted car and then seat moved once when changing profile, then back to not moving again. Dash displays update with profile change, just not the seats (they get "saved" each time, overwriting the profile setting).
Model S does not seem to have a service mode for seat calibration - maybe that's only for the 3?

Upvote 0
My 2020 LR has seat calibration in the Service menu. The password is service. Go into Control Panel>Software. Press and hold the Model S for 5 seconds, then enter password.
I still couldn't find the seat calibration option, after logging in it stil wasn't there at the service menu somehow? It also didn't mention that password was correct (or incorrect) so im not really sure if I even l logged in. Are the software options in all model S the same? or do some of the newer ones have more functions, since Aegidius has one out of 2016, me 2018 and yours is 2020.
Just today got the same problem (Model S 2016). Seats move fine under manual control. Rebooted car and then seat moved once when changing profile, then back to not moving again. Dash displays update with profile change, just not the seats (they get "saved" each time, overwriting the profile setting).
Model S does not seem to have a service mode for seat calibration - maybe that's only for the 3?
It seems I was able to fix this by doing a factory reset. Now I could make the new profiles, and switch back and forth without any problem. Fingerscrossed it keeps working now :)

Reactions: DerbyDave
Upvote 0