Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver side door doesn't open fully anymore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My driver side door doesn't open fully anymore when the exterior handle is clicked. This used to work correct a week ago but only opens about 5 inches now.

I made sure there is nothing near the driver side door with in 20 feet, my body is hidden as far away toward the back of the car as possible with my finger extended to push the handle.

Opening the door from within the car through the interior handle or the console opens the door fully in this situation.

Anyone else experienced this before?

Yes, the past few days... (I've had the X for 2 weeks now), pressing the exterior handle seems to just "pop" it open only enough for me to manually tug on the glass to pull it the rest of the way. However, opening from the inside pull handle and from the touchscreen seems ok...

Yes, the past few days... (I've had the X for 2 weeks now), pressing the exterior handle seems to just "pop" it open only enough for me to manually tug on the glass to pull it the rest of the way. However, opening from the inside pull handle and from the touchscreen seems ok...

very strange, it was never like this before. i was thinking the dirt on the exterior is messing with the sensors, but using the console can open the door fully:(