Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Window Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I just got my M3 delivered today and all the windows worked fine till the car done a software update. During this update the drivers window was partially open.

After the update, the window no longer works with the one click close. The window closes, then opens again about 4 inches. Not using the one click can get the window mostly closed, but this then catches when you try to open the door. The window doesn't automatically drop.

I have tried the window calibration, which hasn't worked. Each time I try to put the window back up, and hold the switch, it drops back down again.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Pressing the brake during a reboot makes no difference (it might have at one time). Try doing a power off reset. Instructions from the manual below:

Power Cycling the Vehicle​

You can power cycle Model 3 if it demonstrates unusual behavior or displays a nondescript alert.
  1. Shift into Park.
  2. On the touchscreen, touch Controls > Safety > Power Off.
  3. Wait for at least two minutes without interacting with the vehicle. Do not open the doors, touch the brake pedal, touch the touchscreen, etc.
  4. After two minutes, press the brake pedal or open the door to wake the vehicle.

Pressing the brake during a reboot makes no difference (it might have at one time). Try doing a power off reset. Instructions from the manual below:

Power Cycling the Vehicle​

You can power cycle Model 3 if it demonstrates unusual behavior or displays a nondescript alert.
  1. Shift into Park.
  2. On the touchscreen, touch Controls > Safety > Power Off.
  3. Wait for at least two minutes without interacting with the vehicle. Do not open the doors, touch the brake pedal, touch the touchscreen, etc.
  4. After two minutes, press the brake pedal or open the door to wake the vehicle.

I second this recommendation, but with the exception that, although the manual says " wait for at least 2 minutes", I would suggest someone waits for at least 10-15 minutes without interacting with the vehicle, to ensure it has a chance to fully go to sleep. I have sat in my garage listening for the contactor noise, after executing a power off command, and it was around 10 minutes the time I checked.

Thanks for you advice, unfortunately this didn't fix the issue.

Telsa are now looking at the logs and a service call has been created.

They did fix my lack of LTE data issue. Apparently a few Tesla's didn't get their data enabled correctly. A firmware push fixed this issue :)

For the window there is a procedure in the manual. We had something like that issue on a new Model Y deliver. Window would close then open 1/2 way. Check the manual but I recall it tells you to run it down holding the switch till it stalls, then full up holding switch until it stalls. Do a couple times it reprograms and has not returned.

I'm having the same problem, were you able to get this resolved?
I had this happen before, I just did the calibration as per the manual (to the letter, including doing having doors closed and using the controls on driver's door) and it worked. You don't necessarily have to hold the switch, just raise it until it stalls.

To calibrate a window:
  1. Close the door with the affected window.
  2. Sit in the driver's seat and close the driver door.
  3. Using the window's switch on the driver's door, raise the affected window until it stalls.
  4. Using the window's switch on the driver's door, lower the affected window until it stalls.
  5. Repeat step 3 and raise the affected window until it stalls.

I'm having the same problem, were you able to get this resolved?

I did and it took two trips to Tesla to get sorted.

The first trip they changed the window sensors. This didn't fix the issue.

The next trip they done a 'manual' recalibration of the window. By the sounds of it they manually adjusted the glass. This fixed the issue. They also fixed the scratched bumper which was done during delivery.

Little disappointed they didn't wash the car seems as they had it for two days though!