Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driverless model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if I will be comfortable sitting in the rear seat of the self driving car... I saw an ad of car company where this guy is sitting in the rear seat and gets bored

The ad focuses on making a mock of the self driving cars...

I can't remember, Audi or BMW? He was also on one of those things that transports your car, right?

- - - Updated - - -

I think you'll have a decade or so to get comfortable with it. We don't have input-less driver-in-driver's-seat cars yet :)

I agree, almost. A decade+ before full autonomous driving is out. I think way less before semi-autonomous driving is out (get me from point A to point B, and the car does it's thing on the highway for example, but you need to do the first/last 5 miles of the trip).

We'll see. It's been 4 years since Google got laws changed so they could even test their driver-less cars. We'll have tons of foreknowledge as more and much more widespread laws will need to change to enable these sort of things. I hope it comes tomorrow. But I think it'll come in 20 years.