Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drivers Seat sensor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been having issues with my 2015 model ass where it fails to turn off when I leave the car and I have to do it manually. Tesla has had it twice first they said they couldn’t duplicate it then because of the no see anybody at the dealers now I went back and showed it to one of the employees how it would not shut off.
They kept it for a few days it said they couldn’t figure it out.
I did my own research and sent them the article seen on here about people having trouble with seat sensors and the solution seem to be they would replace the whole seat rather than just the sensor.
That was two weeks ago and they still do not have an answer for me whether or not they can replace the seat sensor I am well out of warranty at 120,000 miles.
Obviously I prefer her not to replace the whole seat does anybody have experience with Tesla or a private shop replacing the sensor in the seat? I am confused why they won’t answer me and if it can be done
Thanks

I've removed the seats & examined the sensors from underneath. It is an integrated unit and would be extremely hard to repair. I think replacing the seat is the only option. You might convince the service center to try replacing the seat, and if that does not fix the problem, for them to put the original seat back in.

I’ve been having issues with my 2015 model ass where it fails to turn off when I leave the car and I have to do it manually. Tesla has had it twice first they said they couldn’t duplicate it then because of the no see anybody at the dealers now I went back and showed it to one of the employees how it would not shut off.
They kept it for a few days it said they couldn’t figure it out.
I did my own research and sent them the article seen on here about people having trouble with seat sensors and the solution seem to be they would replace the whole seat rather than just the sensor.
That was two weeks ago and they still do not have an answer for me whether or not they can replace the seat sensor I am well out of warranty at 120,000 miles.
Obviously I prefer her not to replace the whole seat does anybody have experience with Tesla or a private shop replacing the sensor in the seat? I am confused why they won’t answer me and if it can be done
Thanks
I have replaced the seat sensor in the Model 3 / Y.
I don't know if they are different in the Model S.
The sensor in the Model 3 / Y isn't really that difficult to deal with, IMHO, after modifying seats here for some time.
The sensor in M3 /Y is a flat wire sensor that is glued to the top of the seat bottom pad.
You have an older car and it likely uses a different sensor system.
I'd have to research more.
Let me know if you are still struggling with this issue.

George Borrelli
Crystal River Florida