Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drivers side Headlight Stuck On. Turn Signal not working, tail light turn signal really fast.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went out to my car this morning and noticed just the drivers side headlight on. Got in the car and noticed the headlight stuck on would not go into high beam mode. The drivers side front signal does not come on at all, but the taillight signal flashes really fast now, about double the speed. Did a reset with the scroll wheels and nothing helped. Went through the "Power Off" in settings and waited for 2 minutes like the manual suggested and the headlight stayed on the entire time during all of this. Has anyone else experienced this before? Here's a video to what's happening...

I had a warning pop up about a turn signal malfunction that would require service. What really happened is that the entire passenger side headlight unit went dead. No lights at all. When service came out to fix it the tech replaced the whole headlight because there is an electronic module that controls all of the lights and it failed. Your headlight may be having a similar issue just with a different result.

Well now last night 16.3 update pushed to the car and it says it was a failed update and to contact the service center but the car says it's running 16.3 right now. I've already got a Monday morning appointment and they've got me an estimate of 1400 bucks to replace the headlight assembly. I hope this is a warranty kind of fix!

Well now last night 16.3 update pushed to the car and it says it was a failed update and to contact the service center but the car says it's running 16.3 right now. I've already got a Monday morning appointment and they've got me an estimate of 1400 bucks to replace the headlight assembly. I hope this is a warranty kind of fix!
Munkyyy. WhT ended up happening with this??? Was it a ground strap? A headlight housing? Did autopilot turn signal work? did the turn signal wand need to be replaced?

This happened to me once. The tech had me turn off sentry mode, summon standby, then shutdown the car.

The module that was having an issue is by the battery and controls the left headlight and turn signal and wipers.

Anyway, that fixed it for me. They never found what caused it and the issue hasn't resurfaced since (about 1.5 years ago).

Hope that helps!