Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drivers side rattling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i just picked up my MX yesterday and have noticed that there’s a rattling noise in the front drivers side corner when i go over bumps, like around the side view mirror area but can’t figure out where it’s coming from. Anyone else have/had this issue that can help?

It might be the magnet in the sun visor. To see if it is, pull the visor out an inch or two (let it float unattached). If it's quiet when going over bumps, that's it. I have this issue in my Sept '17 X. I've not yet raised it with service but will put it on the list for my next visit. Not sure if there is an official fix for it or not - there is at least one other mention of it in the forums.

Reactions: frank-datank
Had something in the pillars in that area. I did bring it up to service center and they were able to fix it. I think they added some insulation there. I’d either schedule an appointment with Mobile service to check it out, or drive a few weeks to see if there are any other issues than schedule an apt to take care of anything you’ve noticed. Hopefully not much for the newer Xs! But my 2016 reQuired a few visits the first 6 months.

It might be the magnet in the sun visor. To see if it is, pull the visor out an inch or two (let it float unattached). If it's quiet when going over bumps, that's it. I have this issue in my Sept '17 X. I've not yet raised it with service but will put it on the list for my next visit. Not sure if there is an official fix for it or not - there is at least one other mention of it in the forums.

I had the same visor rattle, and just posted a fix for here. After several attempts, it looks like I finally have it.
Knocking on wood, the X is now silent.