Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving from Boise to Stanley ID and back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm making a trip from Boise to Stanley ID and back later this week. ABRP has me arriving back at the Boise SC with about 13% SoC. I certainly wouldn't want to arrive with a charge less than this, but what should I look out for?

Thanks!

I would not go without factoring in a charge. Or drive at a leisurely 50 mph max. maybe 55. If you have any hills to climb, up and down don't equal out. My experience has taught me not to leave without about 35% indicated on the planner. Makes driving a whole lot less puckery. And 80 mph is workable.

small world in that I learned that hills up and down don't equal out on a trip to Willow Lake this weekend. esp with traffic and ac running.

Good thing there a few hotels up there that have free dest. chargers. Surprised they don't show up on the car map though?

• Funny
Reactions: brur
If you go the route through Ketchum on your way back, there are plenty of destination chargers through there. You could stop at one for an hour or two and grab lunch if you think you’ll be cutting it close.

Depending on where you’re staying, you can also plug into a 120 overnight and be fine. (Doesn’t apply if it’s a day trip, of course)

If you have the chademo adapter, mountain home has 50kw chargers you can use (someday in the future there will be a supercharger there, although it’s been “planned” for quite some time now)

Reactions: darin_n