Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DRL (Day time Running Lights) on refresh model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Chris++

Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2021
Bay Area, CA
Does the new refreshed model s have DRLs on during the day? I just noticed mine are off when driving. I left my settings on auto for the head lights. The only option to have the DRLs on is to set the lights to “parking” to have DRLs on. Am I missing something here or do I have to setup another service appointment to get this fixed?

He's not broken and you shouldn't tell someone things like that if you don't own one. My plaid I've noticed too that DRL's are not active while driving. I can see this when I pull up to cars and I do not see it in the reflection. I have my lights set to auto and I only see it go on when indoors in my parking garage. I'm sure that's it's just a software config that they need to correct and update.

He's not broken and you shouldn't tell someone things like that if you don't own one. My plaid I've noticed too that DRL's are not active while driving. I can see this when I pull up to cars and I do not see it in the reflection. I have my lights set to auto and I only see it go on when indoors in my parking garage. I'm sure that's it's just a software config that they need to correct and update.
By broken, I mean it needs to be fixed, and is not normal. I suspected it was likely a software issue. The point is that it is a requirement in many states to have these lights on, and it is not working, thus it is broken. You can get a ticket for not having them on in some states. Tesla needed to fix this. It needed to be reported to Tesla and fixed. I am glad someone reported this to Tesla and it got fixed. What a picky post, 2putt4: :)

So what you’re saying is…they are broken.

If the Daytime Running Lights are not RUNNING. They are broken. Who cares if it’s software-related or not? They are not operating as intended.

Reactions: DerbyDave
I suppose you're right :) Broken I usually associate with a defective part and not a software bug. So what was the fix or did it just suddenly work? I have the latest 2021.32.22 software installed and do not see it working this past weekend when pulling up to cars and looking into the reflection.

Reactions: DerbyDave