Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drop in range after update to 2019.36.2.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having similar issues. Before the update my rated range has also been 312-309. After the update it’s been on a decline from 309-304 and still dropping.

This could be due to a lot of different variables. The season is changing and winter is coming?

I’m currently at 5K miles and LR AWD

There are about 20 other threads on the same topic that happen every update... just substitute <whatever update was current then> for 2019.36.2.1 in a search. There's someone on here who has a cut-n-paste who will likely paste links to the 20 threads....

I will sum up the responses you will get:

1) "I was in the service center and <random tech> told me there is a bug in the battery systems software and it will be fixed in a future update." Note: This has been about 10 updates running now.

2) "You didn't actually lose range, it's just the battery management software losing 'track' of where the top/bottom of the battery are."

3) "Change your display to % instead of miles and enjoy your car!"

4) "YOU THINK THAT'S BAD... CHECK OUT MY RANGE - IT'S 1 MILE LESS THAN YOURS!!?!"

5) "This is normal for li-ion batteries"

6) The completely mis-informed: "Your car is just adjusting to your driving habits and/or it's cold so you have less range"

7) "This is an OUTRAGE! I Paid for 310 miles!"