Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drove a Mach e today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I drove a Mach e gt today-it was fast, charging on type 2 was slower than Tesla, the drive ok, steering was jumpy, inside layout was poor, computer software was not user friendly and lacked many of the cool features found in Tesla. Appears ford spent little time with the interior and software. I guess I’m biased or spoiled with being a Tesla owner.

So I drove a Mach e gt today-it was fast, charging on type 2 was slower than Tesla, the drive ok, steering was jumpy, inside layout was poor, computer software was not user friendly and lacked many of the cool features found in Tesla. Appears ford spent little time with the interior and software. I guess I’m biased or spoiled with being a Tesla owner.
While I agree from a Tesla viewpoint, if you are used to older cars it is a much more familiar drive. We will see how the loss of stalks for example, plays with the masses. Overall the Mustang is sharp, car and for every one on the road that is one less gasser on the road. Would I rather have a Tesla, of course, But then I have been driving one for north of 14 years now and I understand them. But I realize I am not most people.

Mach E can charge at 11kW aka 240V 48A just like any current Tesla model.

I much prefer the interior of the Mach E over the super spartan Tesla interiors. Especially having a drivers display.

SYNC4A is fine, it just needs more processor power as it can get laggy. Generally a better interface to use while driving than Tesla. I don’t need useless “cool” stuff in my car like games or fart noises.

Dude no way is that Mach e display screen easier to navigate, go charge - u can’t even see the rate of charge speed and it’s a lot slower to charge. I plugged it in at 1:00 pm at 40% and it said 11:30 for 100%. No glass roof, the phone charging area and display screen is laid out so yr constantly looking down. There are numerous design flaws with layout, one wonders how it flew passed inspection. I had to go thru 4 screens just to change display to dark theme. I can go on and on but I would never buy one for all the things it lacks. It’s not refined and it’s “quick get an EV out “ compete design shows just that….no thought to a cool design. A wimpy steering column display not enough to say wow. It’s a huge 👎 thumbs down for me. We don’t buy EV’s just cause it says Ev, most of us want the cool tech.