Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Duplicate software updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every time Tesla Model 3 has a software update, i get it twice. Several days apart. My car is 2018, I have the app on a couple phones, it's been happening for several years, and i've opted to be in the Advanced (not Standard) software update preference . The second update obviously doesn't do anything because i've already received it but it makes me run the second download for nothing. The screen in the car shows the same software update info after the second update as shown days earlier in the first software update. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to resolve it?

Reactions: Jpandes
Never heard anyone else report that happening more than once. Which version is installed now?

Maybe your car is having trouble communicating with the Tesla server after the update is installed. Do you ever get software update complete notifications on your phones? No one seems to be getting those now, but you said this has been happening for years.

Every time Tesla Model 3 has a software update, i get it twice. Several days apart. My car is 2018, I have the app on a couple phones, it's been happening for several years, and i've opted to be in the Advanced (not Standard) software update preference . The second update obviously doesn't do anything because i've already received it but it makes me run the second download for nothing. The screen in the car shows the same software update info after the second update as shown days earlier in the first software update. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to resolve it?

I havent read of this happening either. I would report it to tesla via a service request, along with the date the last time it happened to you so that they can look through your vehicle logs on that date.

Thanks - could be connectivity issue, as my wifi signal is weak in my garage (but I'd think that wouldn't be uncommon) but my cellular signal is weak there too. But the update requests fed to me by Tesla aren't a day or two apart...more like a week. It almost feels like i get the advanced update pushed to me (that I install), then the standard update (that I also install). I think I'll switch it to standard and see what happens, but i'll also report it to Tesla. It's possible that i'm not getting the full update and that's why it happens again. I'm currently on version 2021.44.30.7

Thanks - could be connectivity issue, as my wifi signal is weak in my garage (but I'd think that wouldn't be uncommon) but my cellular signal is weak there too. But the update requests fed to me by Tesla aren't a day or two apart...more like a week. It almost feels like i get the advanced update pushed to me (that I install), then the standard update (that I also install). I think I'll switch it to standard and see what happens, but i'll also report it to Tesla. It's possible that i'm not getting the full update and that's why it happens again. I'm currently on version 2021.44.30.7
Did you fix this? I have the same problem.