Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Durham/Raleigh electrician for HPWC install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any recommendations for an area electrician to install a HPWC? May also need to add a sub panel.

Also any ideas on expected cost would be great. Location of charger & sub panel will be right next to main panel.
Thanks!!

I was happy with the work Nick from NC Electrical Group did for me. He added a new sub-panel for me and wired up the 14-50. Since I had to run cables about 70 feet to get outside, I ran the subpanel with 100A service in case I ever want to upgrade to a HPWC. He did a great job and the price was much better than what Mr. Electric quoted. You can contact him at [email protected] or (919) 448-8156.

Jay,

Our main panel is 200A but no open slots. It's possible it can be 'rewired' to use some tandem breakers, although I'm not sure. To my eye, most are already tandem breakers except things like HVAC, dryer, range.

Thanks.

tomp,

How many amps is your main panel? You may not need a sub panel, just room for a 100A breaker (2 slots).

Jay