Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

E.ON solar and battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I went for it last March as the the 0% offer was very attractive and install quotes were on par with others. They subcontract the install to their approved installers. I chose the GivEnergy 8.2kW battery with my panels. They weren't too pushy about their own tariffs and there's no compulsion to use them.

Yes, I went for it last March as the the 0% offer was very attractive and install quotes were on par with others. They subcontract the install to their approved installers. I chose the GivEnergy 8.2kW battery with my panels. They weren't too pushy about their own tariffs and there's no compulsion to use them.
How many panels did you go for?
How are you finding the overall solar input? I'm in Notts & considering making the move to solar, so "local" info is always helpful!

who was the installer?
In my case it was The Energy Smart Group, but it's all arranged through E.On.

How many panels did you go for?
I've got 12 panels on a dead-on south facing roof. I've got a feeling they could have squeezed one more on but it probably would have made it a G.99 app rather than G.98 and I don't think they fancied it. My panels went live around 19th March last year and I've generated 3.7MWh to date. So I might make around 3.8-3.9 by my year end. I believe 2021 was a poor year for solar generation so I'm quite happy with that. The battery makes a big difference and I'm glad I went for the largest (single) one I could.

Reactions: Cilonen and init6
I'm looking at E.On, comparing them to infinity renewables. Anybody had negatives from E.On installs, the trust pilot reviews scared me a bit.

Infinity priced me 12 panels and 5.8KWH Battery for 12.5K - Eon Same panels but 2.8 battery 10K ?? Thinking

I'm looking at E.On, comparing them to infinity renewables. Anybody had negatives from E.On installs, the trust pilot reviews scared me a bit.

Infinity priced me 12 panels and 5.8KWH Battery for 12.5K - Eon Same panels but 2.8 battery 10K ?? Thinking
I haven't read the TP reviews, but it would be difficult to put negative "install" experiences directly down to E.On since the physical install subcontracted to someone local. Obviously E.On are involved in the comms and paperwork so they do have some responsibility. But important to look at the specifics of the complaints.

My 12 panel/8.2kWh install was £9k, but that was a year ago probably before interest really spiked.

Reactions: KickingKT
I haven't read the TP reviews, but it would be difficult to put negative "install" experiences directly down to E.On since the physical install subcontracted to someone local. Obviously E.On are involved in the comms and paperwork so they do have some responsibility. But important to look at the specifics of the complaints.

My 12 panel/8.2kWh install was £9k, but that was a year ago probably before interest really spiked.
Thanks for this, was this with Eon ? Does look like the prices have climbed 👀