Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP and FSD discussion as it relates to Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No one died, so yeah parity. Today's patch 17.17.4 brings full speed auto steer on all roads, side collision warning with avoidance and auto high beams. So good enough. Oh what now willist thou complain about?

Parity is not exactly what was expected of EAP last year... it was not called Autopilot after all, it was called Enhanced Autopilot...

Progress is of course good. Still, nothing erases the fact that it seems Elon/Tesla misled us in October (Elon said EAP would be beyond AP1 in December 2016...). So, yeah, they may hear about for some time to come, which seems only fair IMO.

Tesla-enhanced-autopilot-upgrade.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: hockeythug
autodimming and autobeams (and ideally autohighbeam) must be standard if you only have an LCD to control the vehicles functions... It is not like a physicial button you need to slap on.

Not too bothered regarding autowipers but nice to have and some cars have had that since the 90s....

Parity is not exactly what was expected of EAP last year... it was not called Autopilot after all, it was called Enhanced Autopilot...

Progress is of course good. Still, nothing erases the fact that it seems Elon/Tesla misled us in October (Elon said EAP would be beyond AP1 in December 2016...). So, yeah, they may hear about for some time to come, which seems only fair IMO.

Tesla-enhanced-autopilot-upgrade.jpg

Hmmm. I hope that those who paid the $5000k during their lease don't mind missing out on the 1st six months of not having Enhanced Autopilot.

Hmmm. I hope that those who paid the $5000k during their lease don't mind missing out on the 1st six months of not having Enhanced Autopilot.

Indeed - and let's be clear: there is no Enhanced Autopilot out yet. With the latest update there is perhaps something akin to Autopilot on EAP enabled cars, though not exactly that either (I guess the boldest have ventured into virtual parity, which is a bit iffy).

When the actual EAP really comes, which was expected to complete validation and roll-out in December 2016, is anyone's guess. Another 3-6 months would perhaps sound realistic? So close to one year late? With maybe the token extra feature for FSD enabled cars thrown in for good measure...

I am just collecting the facts and speculating on the future - this is not a reflection of my personal feelings on my own car or anything of the sort... I am not in any particular hurry personally, but would prefer Tesla/Elon give us accurate timelines over misleading hyperbole.