Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early MD deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MY-Y

Mar 4, 2020
MD
Owings Mills Tesla just called and said they have a bunch of MYs coming early. Truck is scheduled for this Friday with my red/black 57xx AWD 19" MY; they wanted me to take delivery early - this Saturday. I was hoping to see some more post-shutdown deliveries to verify the QC improved. Oh well, that's a fine problem to have. (My delivery date was tentatively 6/4.)

I wonder if the Maryland and VA MYs are all coming at once? Tesla told me 2 days ago that my MY was crossing through Oklahoma, but wouldn't arrive at Tyco Rd until the 30th, and my delivery is June 1st. I was hoping to pickup on the weekend vs. Monday, so I guess we'll see.

My VIN is 59xx, so maybe 57xx were shipped out earlier.

So I spoke with the Rockville manager yesterday, he called me to tell me that they are no longer doing home delivery. He was sure the truck mine was coming in on would be arriving on Friday. So I’ll likely be sticking with my Monday morning pick up.

So I spoke with the Rockville manager yesterday, he called me to tell me that they are no longer doing home delivery. He was sure the truck mine was coming in on would be arriving on Friday. So I’ll likely be sticking with my Monday morning pick up.
No home deliveries ,, so wuld now need to go into Rockville location ?

So I drove by the Rockville Service Center to see if my Y was there. It’s not. Supposed to be arriving yesterday but according to the Tesla guy I talked to in the parking lot, the truck got delayed in Atlanta. They will let me know Sunday if my Monday pick up appointment is delayed. Super bummed if it is. But the Ys I saw on the lot looked awesome!!

Got a call from Tesla today...looks like al the MD and VA/Tyco shipments are stuck where they are right now. They are having issues with getting out of Alabama (finding drivers?). I was supposed to pickup tomorrow morning, now going with Thursday of this week. They said they will call back as we got closer to see if things are on track. ETA is that he shipments are supposed to arrive on Tues of this week, but I didn't hear a lot of confidence on the other end when making that statement.