Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If there's no Supercharger, you can borrow my CHAdeMO adapter. (If all goes as planned the adapter will be available and there will be ~47kW CHAdeMO in the Quebec City area, which would top you off in an hour coming from Drummondville). Of course, a Quebec City Supercharger would be even better. I doubt at all that it's TM's plans, it's just a question of when.

I assume you meant "I DON'T doubt at all that it's in TM's plans...". I hope so, too, as I'm planning on being in QC on holiday next summer for a few days. Having a SC would give me more flexibility in terms of finding a hotel--as in, I'm not limited to hotels with a HPWC. Looking at TM's Find Us map, I see a couple of hotels that *do* have HPWCs, but the rates on their rooms are a little out of my league ($400+). With TM's big splashy debut in Montreal, I think they'd have to have plans for a SC in QC. It will be at least mid-June before I'm there, so hopefully they'll have something by then.

No reason to be embarrassed. Administrative delays have been the rule in many places. For example, Tesla did everything it could to have the 2-stall site at the Montreal Center available for the Grand Opening, but some board there has been sitting on the final hookup for weeks.

Going forward, is the utility company in Casselman the same as the one in Kingston? Or is more like the one in Cornwall that acted fairly rapidly?

Embarrased might be over the top. Disappointed is more appropriate. I've been working to expedite this for some time. Expected to be live before December...didn't see this delay coming.

Not sure who the utility is in Casselman. I'm sure it is not the same as Kingston (utilities Kingston). I think Cornwall has their own as well.

I assume you meant "I DON'T doubt at all that it's in TM's plans...".

Yes, thanks for pointing it out. Error corrected.

I hope so, too, as I'm planning on being in QC on holiday next summer for a few days. Having a SC would give me more flexibility in terms of finding a hotel--as in, I'm not limited to hotels with a HPWC. Looking at TM's Find Us map, I see a couple of hotels that *do* have HPWCs, but the rates on their rooms are a little out of my league ($400+).

Thanks for planning on visiting. For overnight charging in Quebec, there's a pretty decent selection on 30A stations at or near hotels. Many are part of the Electric Circuit network, whose $2.50 flat fee is very favorable for EVs with large batteries. You can also check the Suncountry network. https://suncountryhighway.ca/ev-trip-planner/ Doug mentions this in the Canada trip planning thread, but Sun Country's partners offer many 70-80 AMP J1772's. For example, here's a ~$100/night Quebec City hotel with a 14kW station: http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/46851

I'd recommend we let things happen naturally rather than get the media involved. The last thing we all need is attention from the Internet complaining about a "handful of rich Tesla owners" whining about their proprietary charging stations. ICErs will have a field day

Agreed. It isn't really a story that would be of interest to their readers anyway - just another delayed private construction project to most people. Now if the supercharger network ever becomes the de facto standard for high-speed charging (i.e. if 2-3 other manufacturers sign up), then there would be lots of public interest in SC delays. This is the dream - for the supercharger network to be seen by everyone as critical infrastructure, just like the electrical grid, roads, water, sewer, phone network, internet etc., and of course the oil & gas distribution system :)

But I will keep directly contacting people who might be able to help get things moving - Utilities Kingston, Tesla and KEDCO.

Guys (and gals...) think we have to forget Drummondville SC for this year... probably until spring... just passed by this evening... very disappointed indeed... I though have to say that Tesla has found the perfect place for their stalls... I don't think they will get ICE'd as it is very well positioned (far enough from prime spot parkings) in the parking lot...
Drumm-SC1.JPG
Drumm-SC2.JPG
Drumm-SC3.JPG

Last edited:
Hi - New to TMC - waiting for a March delivery of a blue 85D... Saw 2 Teslas today at the RA Center -that was very encouraging! Looking forward to the K-Town SC, I drive down to TO and Cobourg frequently. I think the Ottawa-Montreal corridor would be better served with a SC in Vaudreuil (20/30/40 "junction") rather than Casselman. Once Kingston is on-line I doubt Cornwall will see much business. Thanks Ktowntslafan for keeping an eye on things.

I heard from a reliable source that South Burlington, VT is on the way. This is a very important Supercharger Site for Eastern Canada connections to New York and New England. From the center of South Burlington, here are the distances to known Supercharger Sites:

• 212km, 132mi — Cornwall, ON
  • 157km, 097mi — Montréal, QC
  • 195km, 121mi — Drummondville, QC
  • 233km, 145mi — Albany, NY
  • 243km, 151mi — Brattleburo, VT
  • 249km, 155mi — Hooksett, NH

The U.S. distances are a little on the high side, and could make winter travel in a 60 a bit of a challenge. While this is not the shortest route to NYC, it will work for now.

For Supercharged travel between Canada and the U.S., South Burlington, VT, will be a very big milestone!

-----
Cross posted at New New England Supercharger Locations - Page 55

Any news on what date?

Hi - New to TMC - waiting for a March delivery of a blue 85D... Saw 2 Teslas today at the RA Center -that was very encouraging! Looking forward to the K-Town SC, I drive down to TO and Cobourg frequently. I think the Ottawa-Montreal corridor would be better served with a SC in Vaudreuil (20/30/40 "junction") rather than Casselman. Once Kingston is on-line I doubt Cornwall will see much business. Thanks Ktowntslafan for keeping an eye on things.

Welcome to TMC! Always great to have another local here.

Ottawa to Cobourg is very doable even in winter - I do it regularly. Don't take 416. Instead take County Road 10 (Perth Road); it comes out on the 401 on the same road where the Supercharger will be. It's a much prettier drive, traffic is not bad, no large towns like 15, you go slower so the power consumption is much less... but it takes the same amount of time as 416! Once you're on the 401 tuck in behind a truck and stay there - going a steady 105 with a little bit of draft assist from the truck and you'll get there no problem!

Sure hope the Kingston supercharger is up and running soon...

+1

just read my old posts... same thinking here! Casselman would useless as it is only 56 km from Ottawa... Rigaud/Hudson (2 hotels + 3 restaurants - exit 17 on Highway 40) or Vaudreuil is just in the middle of these two (MTL - Ottawa)... the 20/30/40 would be even in the middle of it all... Quebec city has to have SC station too...

Last edited:
Welcome to TMC! Always great to have another local here.

Ottawa to Cobourg is very doable even in winter - I do it regularly. Don't take 416. Instead take County Road 10 (Perth Road); it comes out on the 401 on the same road where the Supercharger will be. It's a much prettier drive, traffic is not bad, no large towns like 15, you go slower so the power consumption is much less... but it takes the same amount of time as 416! Once you're on the 401 tuck in behind a truck and stay there - going a steady 105 with a little bit of draft assist from the truck and you'll get there no problem!

Sure hope the Kingston supercharger is up and running soon...

Hey Doug, don't know if you noticed but stating now that Kingston is delayed in feb-march (don't know the veracity of it but...) ---» Supercharger Progress - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Is there any updates on Barrie SC? At least the location of where it'll be? Wasn't this supposed to open in the summer?

Location is to be near the Target at 30 North Village Way on the south end of Barrie.

Nothing was done as of couple of weeks ago. I was told by a DS that they would be starting construction (along with Woodstock) after Kingston was finished - which was supposed to be last week.

Who knows? I keep hoping.

Yes, we know! It's fully installed, but the power utility hasn't installed the transformer. It's just sitting there waiting.

Yes, I do believe I may have had a little ongoing tantrum about this fact. ktowntslafan said he was going to run a couple of extension cords from his house once they go on sale at Canadian Tire.

In the meantime maybe we can put some pretty Christmas decorations on them to help spice it up a little.