Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

eBay is still pushing defeat devices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I regular check eBay for parts for my '18 M3 which has no Autopilot. I have found good desls on parts like a set of virtually new aero wheels for my snow tires.

Lately I get sponsored ads for defeat devices. Recently, as an experiment, I reported three listings as "prohibited or restricted item/other prohibited or restricted item/product safety recalled items"

The first time I did not put in any details and I got a reply stating that my report was reviewed and the item was not in violation of eBay terms. The second and third times I stated in the details that the devices were designed to override a safety function. Both listings were removed. Either eBay is actually reviewing the reports with real people or their bots recognized my comment.

Devices like this are one reason Tesla keeps degrading the functionality of AP and FSD. It's strong evidence that natural stupidity will beat artificial intelligence every time.

I regular check eBay for parts for my '18 M3 which has no Autopilot. I have found good desls on parts like a set of virtually new aero wheels for my snow tires.

Lately I get sponsored ads for defeat devices. Recently, as an experiment, I reported three listings as "prohibited or restricted item/other prohibited or restricted item/product safety recalled items"

The first time I did not put in any details and I got a reply stating that my report was reviewed and the item was not in violation of eBay terms. The second and third times I stated in the details that the devices were designed to override a safety function. Both listings were removed. Either eBay is actually reviewing the reports with real people or their bots recognized my comment.

Devices like this are one reason Tesla keeps degrading the functionality of AP and FSD. It's strong evidence that natural stupidity will beat artificial intelligence every time.
I guess you don't browse around aliexpress much.

Is there a defeat device to stop Tesla from changing my cruise control speed to 55 in random spots where it seems to think there’s a construction zone when there is none. I’d pay good money for it. And even if it was a construction zone please stop trying to save me from the world !

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
Is there a defeat device to stop Tesla from changing my cruise control speed to 55 in random spots where it seems to think there’s a construction zone when there is none. I’d pay good money for it. And even if it was a construction zone please stop trying to save me from the world !
Mine doesn't do that all the time. Most of the time it keeps my speed and a message pops up saying 'maintaining speed for traffic flow' (or something like that). When it does get a false speed limit, I use the scroll wheel to adjust it back to where I want. No biggie

Reactions: RoyC and Kimmi

What is the legal situation with these?

I reported some misleading ebay items like 2018 S with Transferable FUSC but they didn't do anything...
I take it they only care about money n each listing gets them more
So unless its something that can get them into legal trouble they prolly won't care...

Its on a buyer to do research...